Brace yourselves, Snapchat ads are coming between your friend’s stories.
According to reports, the company is about to make colossal changes to its ad offerings. These changes include:
- Snap Ads Between Stories – Ads after playing a friend’s story.
- Expandable ads – Ads that can allow you install a promoted app or any other external activity with a swipe.
- Ads API – Making ads easier for advertisers through programmatic interfaces
- Reviewed Ads– Although ads are here to stay, Snapchat says it will not overwhelm its users with too many ads. They will also protect users by reviewing all ads before publishing.
- Snapchat Partners For Ads – To further help advertisers, Snapchat will connect them to a directory of ad tech developers that will help in ad buying, targeting, and management
- Snapchat Partners For Creative – In the same light, Snapchat will point advertisers to a directory of vetted creative agencies that can help create Snap ads
- Snapchat Ad Measurement – Along with all these offerings, Snapchat also built an ad measurement system to help advertisers know which ad is doing well.
Snapchat users know how much data the app consumes on a regular day. Now imagine how annoying it will be when you realize that you’ve wasted data on an ad?
On the flip side, Snapchat wants to do away with boring ads by ensuring that snap ads are engaging and highly interactive. So there is a high chance that you as a user will not mind seeing these ads.
Time will tell.