Between Huawei and Google!

In an unprecedented move, Google has announced that it is suspending transactions with Huawei.

This is as a result of the US crackdown on Chinese technology companies. In their words:

“We are complying with the order and reviewing the implications.”

So, what does this suspension entail?

It essentially bans Huawei from integrating Google software and core apps into any of its future products.

So, here is the twist, since Android is an open-source operating system, Huawei can actually use updates to the public release of the OS to continue development of its smartphones, but they won’t be able to have access to Google core apps like the Google Play Store to name a few.

However, according to this tweet:

What that simply means is that your current  Huawei phones won’t be immediately impacted by the decision.

At this point, it is sad to see how this story is developing, but what do you guys think?

13 comments on “Between Huawei and Google!

1. Ayobami Okanlawon says:

your current Huawei phones won’t be immediately impacted by the decision…. This statement is also scary o. Does it mean that later the current Huawei phones will also face the impact?

1. In a statement, Huawei said the current phones won’t be impacted and will still receive updates. I think only the future products will be directly affected.

… WELL, THE USA 🇺🇸 AND CHINA 🇨🇳 ATE NOT WILLING TO SHIELD 🛡 THEIR SWORDS ⚔ SO SOON. I FEEL IT WOULDN’T GO PAST THIS STAGE AND THAT WITH CURRENT HUAWEI PHONES 📱 NOT AFFECTED YET, THE IMPASSE WOULD HAVE BEEN RESOLVED BEFORE THE REAL EFFECT WOULD BE FELT.
    POOR GOOGLE, THEY ARE ONLY FOLLOWING GOVERNMENT ORDERS.
    GOOGLE HAS BEEN MAKING LIFE EASIER SINCE 0000 AD…

3. JohnJuwel says:

Hey MISS TECHY,
    but I don’t think a countries decision on another should be a problem that can lead to such.
    yes, we all know that the 5G brought a 2nd thought with a little problem to the market, but even at that they should settle it amicably, and not is such way.
    ok now, what OS do dey want Huawei to be using (JAVA!)
    It’s unfair
    Obadara, I think I know who you are…🤔

1. The company was reportedly working on it own OS sometime ago, although there has been any update on it lately.

4. Kaybang says:

Good, good. Some of these Chinese companies have to be thought a lesson.
    Next time they’ll choose whom to spy on more carefully.

1. Damilare says:

I don’t think there’s anyone spying on anyone. The US government just doesn’t want competitions.

Huawei, over the years, has performed better than most America-owned mobile phone manufacturing companies.

Shipping over 200 million devices last year, they put Apple below them and became the second largest phone distributor in the world, despite the US government banning the Huawei P20 Pro and others official sales in the country.

US used to be a country looked at for being the best at everything, and now that China is coming up with greater techs, they feel threatened, hence the whole drama.

Did you know that even Microsoft delisted Huawei’s laptops on their website?

Did you know that Qualcomm is also being dramatic, among others?

This is just one big feud that the American government is bringing up. I hope Huawei survives it though.

– From my Huawei P20 Pro

1. Kaybang says:

“I don’t think there’s anyone spying on anyone.”
        Wait, what? 😮

“The US government just doesn’t want competitions.”
        Are you trolling me or…?

“US… feel threatened, hence the whole drama.”
        Err… No

“Did you know that even Microsoft.., Qualcomm.., Google and literally every other U.S. hardware and software service provider delisted Huawei’s laptops and smartphones on their website and are also being dramatic?”
        Yes. Because Huawei was delisted by the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) of the US Department of Commerce. And this prevents all those companies from doing business with them.

“This is just one big feud that the American government is bringing up.”
        Yes, it is. Because they’ve sense.

“I hope Huawei survives it though.”
        “– From my Huawei P20 Pro”
        I wish you and Huawei godspeed. 🙂

1. Cirphrank says:

I wanted to reply to the comment, then I saw your reply. Well done.

Hauwei is closer to 5G than they are, they are simply trying to stall.

5. Princewill says:

Well, I fear for Huawei because it’s going to be a big blog to the revenue the generate internationally out side China

6. Araoye Gbadebo says:

This is definitely a bad news for all Huawei smartphone users, especially me because this brand is my number one smartphone brand ever. I wonder how Huawei is going to resolve this issue. What next for them is what i don’t know now, but they are going to lose a lot, because it will surely affect their market sales.

7. Jay says: