Would You Mind A Folding Phone From Energizer That Cost About N289,000?

Folding phones seem to be the new buzz word from MWC 2019. With Huawei and Samsung releasing theirs a couple of days back.

The only problem is, the price tag on these devices could give you a heart attack.

In comes Energizer:

According to reports, the company is set to launch a folding smartphone that cost just $960, that is about N288,000.  The phone is called Power MAC Ps100S:

As far as specs go, you are getting  5G support, the latest Snapdragon 855 SOC, and a huge 10000mAh battery (Of course). You also have a 6-inch outer screen (FHD+ at 18:9) and a massive 8.1-inch inner screen (FHD+ at 4:3) along with 256GB of onboard storage and 8GB of RAM. It takes a microSD card up to 256GB, has dual 48MP + 12MP rear cameras and a 24MP front-facing.

Now if this phone was launched by a different brand, say, OnePlus or (I know you are going to crucify me for this, but I’d say it still) Tecno, I am sure it would be a huge deal. I mean the specs are IMPRESSIVE!!!!

However, Energizer phones aren’t taken particularly seriously in the tech space, but here is hoping this device will change that narrative.

9 comments on “Would You Mind A Folding Phone From Energizer That Cost About N289,000?

1. Isaiah says:

Energizer should work on their designs, it looks like phone pouch

2. Princewill says:

Speechless

3. JohnJuwel says:

HEY MISS TECHY
    THE PRICE IS … (u know🙄u know🙄) energizer, energizer just say you want to sell the screen differ from the back cover(😂😂 power bank) so that we will know, or rather two phones at once #144k each.

Eh wooo 48mp 24mp, 12mp is bomb if it can function well I will find a way to love this.

I hope am not the only one that saw
    5G, 8gb ram, 256GB and snap Dragon 855 😍😍😍
    THESE SPECS ARE SPECTACULAR

4. Kaybang #NextLevel says:

Tech industry/enthusiasts: “So which one of you bloody OEMs have ridiculously overpriced proof-of-concept needless 1st gen foldable phones to showcase just because we can’t wait to get to the future where they’d be actually useful & which is about a good 5-7 years from now?”

Samsung:

Huawei:

Energizer (out of fooking nowhere):

Transsion boys (with their undoubtedly mediatek powered foldable phones that’ll cost you 90k “only” 😁):

1. Cirphrank says:

You must be Hillary.

5. &ehk=X7Rx0nWvHqDanMhDTWLqYg

… WELL, THE DESIGN HERE DOES NOT EVEN LOOK ATTRACTIVE. THE PRICE TO SPEC MATCH IS GOOD, BUT THEN, ENERGIZER OF ALL OEMs, I’M NOT SURE I WILL PUT THAT AMOUNT OF MY MONEY 💵 INTO SUCH COMPANY. WITH THAT AMOUNT, ANY OF THE SAMSUNG SAMSUNG S10 SERIES WOULDN’T BE BAD.
    IT WILL BE VERY FUNNY TO SEE TECNO OR INFINIX GOING INTO THE FOLDABLE THEATRE…

7. Drain Droids says:

i dare not try that .Anything can happen