Would You Buy This 18,000mAh Smartphone if it Launches in Nigeria?

Just when you thought you’ve seen it all, Energizer goes and proves you wrong.

Say hello to the first smartphone with a massive 18000mAh battery capacity—the Energizer P18K Pop.

Judging by the looks, I’d say:

I mean, this looks like a power bank.

However, with a large battery comes a larger battery life.

According to reports, you can watch videos for two days, listen to 100 hours of music, or talk on the phone for 90 hours with this thing. It also offers 50 days of standby time and it could be charged quickly with a USB-C port.

Now, Energizer focused so heavily on battery life while neglecting other key aspects. For example, the device features an average 2GHz processor from MediaTek, but it does come with five cameras—three at the rear (12 MP + 5 MP + 2 MP) and two at the front (16 MP + 2 MP). The screen is 6.2 inches and a Full HD+ resolution. You also get 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal storage to support the Helio P70 MediaTek chip.

All for a price tag of $682, that is about N246,000.

So, with the price tag and the few specs, do you think a device like this one should be launched in Nigeria? And would you buy one?

Image via ExpertReviews

16 comments on “Would You Buy This 18,000mAh Smartphone if it Launches in Nigeria?

1. The price is too much to start with

Secondly I can’t really go about with such bulky phone

Judging by its look

This phone can weigh down my trouser from my waist.

1. Kaybang says:

Use a tighter belt and fasten it properly Amigo 😁😂😂😂

2. Definitely a no no for me… Good specs dho

1. Blograbbit says:

I know you for a tech Geek so I wouldn’t be surprised if you said you are buying the phone if it launches in Nigeria.

I will see to that later sha I may buy or not.

3. ola says:

why not get a regular phone…and buy a powerbank with flash charge capability or are they telling me i cannot get a moment to charge my phone ni…

4. Kaybang says:

Strange how 🔋 technology has barely improved in the last 3 decades. While everything seems to be getting smaller and more powerful it’s the direct opposite with dc batteries.
    So person gats carry stone brick just so “…you can watch videos for two days, listen to 100 hours of music, or talk on the phone for 90 hours… with 50 days of standby time…”

5. Boluwatife Igunnu says:

The phone is too big for me, so that a No
    I cannot come and be carrying bricks in my pocket

6. Princewill says:

Oh my God, this 2019 is fully of crazy smartphones… believe it or not I strongly think it will sell very in Nigeria because we love big things remember SQ phone? Those gaint basic phones, this one is just the android version lols

7. Jeremiah says:

Please call me back my hands are paining me….

8. OlayinkaSnr says:

The should keep their phone abeg. Kilode????

9. JohnJuwel says:

MISS TECHY
    Ha an dis dis phone, is outrageous now….
    my suggestion.
    pls don’t ever buy such phone for a lady, do u want to tear her bag?
    some guyes would have to go to the gym everyday to lift the phone.
    this energizer people love ba3 too Much, the last 1 I saw was 12000mah, now dis. excuse me sir I need a phone,not a ba3 for my solar panel.

anyway the ram and internal storage are cool.
    MISS TECHY, This phone won’t come to Nigeria, it will remain in their store and online.
    (My reply)
    kaybang said bricks 😂😂
    Prince the price of the phone will chase Nigerian.

… WELL, TO START WITH, CARRYING THE 📱 AROUND MAY DEFINITELY BE A BURDEN.
    ALSO, THE SPEC MAY BE MEDIOCRE FOR THE PRICE AND LASTLY, THERE’S NO OTHER TALKING POINT ON THE 📱 OTHER THAN THE BATTERY.
    WITH THAT PRICE, I WILL RATHER GO SAMSUNG…

11. I.K says:

If the price was reasonable would sell well in Nigeria, I would buy sef because looks are probably the least important thing in a smartphone to me, but for that price? na lie, I will buy Pocophone F1 and one better power bank.

12. Austin says:

This’s what we call “beautiful nonsense”.
    With that amount i would even prefer to buy a samsung phone(like s7 edge) and buy five 30,000mah power banks worth 10k each.
    Small change go still remain sef to use flex

13. Blograbbit says:

With the way I personally stay on my Cell, I suppose I will buy the phone if it launches in Nigeria but of course with a lower price tag than what you wrote above.

I always loved the way you drop off reviews on gadgets.

This was a nice one too

14. Nelson says:

I need it soo badly. The price cannot be a problem. It will sell in nigeria, with our epileptic power supply.