This is the World’s First Humanoid AI Artist.

The first question you’d probably have when you  see Ai-da is:

That’s because just like Sophia the Robot, Ai-da— named after British mathematician and computer pioneer, Ada Lovelace— looks like a human doppelgänger.

Ai-da

She is the brainchild of art impresario and galleries owner Aidan Meller and is currently the world’s first “AI ultra-realistic robot artist.

According to reports, Ai-da is the first ever robot artist who can draw without any human input. To do this, she uses a microchip in her eye and a pencil in her robotic hand, which is capable of drawing and painting from sight.

Now, I am about to show you one of Ai-da’s sketches, but before I do, promise me you won’t react this way:

With that said, check it out:

One of Ai-Da’s sketches © Aidan Meller

Beautiful, right?

Anyway, Ai-Da has a “RoboThespian” body, that features an expressive range of movements, including movable eyes that can make eye contact and follow you around the room, she will also have the ability to talk and respond to questions and will be able to stand upright or sit upright in a chair. Ai-da will also be mixed race in appearance and will be completed this month.

3D rendering of Ai-Da’s face © Aidan Meller

No words on when she will get an official launch date, but reports claim that Ai-da could present her inaugural exhibition “Unsecured Futures” in May at the University of Oxford, and her sketches will go on display in London in November.

8 comments on “This is the World’s First Humanoid AI Artist.

1. Abdulsalam Abdulrahman says:

Wow great sketch.
    She sure sketch better than me.

2. JohnJuwel says:

HEY MISS TECHY,
    A.I!
    A.I!!
    A.I!!!
    I BET YOU SHE IS REAL BUT LIFELESS.
    THIS DRIOD LADY CAN SKETCH OO.. THIS IS REALLY AWESOME, IT IS A GATEWAY TO ADVANCEMENT IN TECHNOLOGY.

AND WHEN LAUNCHED IT WILL OPEN THE GATE FOR MORE MANUFACTURERS TO GO INTO PRODUCTION, I REALLY HOPE THEY PATENT IT.
    BECAUSE I CAN RECALL (I ROBOT, that will smith movie).

1. Kaybang says:

“IT IS A GATEWAY TO ADVANCEMENT IN TECHNOLOGY… IT WILL OPEN THE GATE FOR MORE MANUFACTURERS TO GO INTO PRODUCTION,
      BECAUSE I CAN RECALL (I ROBOT, that will smith movie).”

See one of them 😩

3. Kaybang says:

I like it, I really do.
    “… Ai-da could present her inaugural exhibition “Unsecured Futures” in May at the University of Oxford, and her sketches will go on display in London in November.”
    Now watch all those bloody European art collectors bid that photo and its siblings for millions of dollars describing it as “post-modern art evoking the transcendence and ascendancy of man and machine as against the current zietgeist”

Case in point, Google “Ai-da” & read Reuters.com’s header: “The new Picasso?” Like, how would you even compare this bullshit to Picasso?? 😩

4. Austin says:

The only thing in my mind after reading this post is “how will i attend that launch?”
    Am a realist. Lets see this thing “eye-ball-to-ball”.

…WELL, THE SKIN ALMOST LOOK REAL,BUT THEN, THIS IS A ROBOT 🤖 AND THE DRAWING IS BREATHTAKING! IT CAN USED TO SCARE KIDS 🧒🏾.
    WAITING FOR WHEN IT WILL BE COMPLEMENTED…

6. Princewill says:

A.I, my only prayer is that it doesn’t turn out like the we’ve seen in sci-fi movies

7. Dosunmu Aishat says:

Lol funny comments here.
    I love her sketch though it looks beautiful.
    I would love to see her final look after completion