Earlier today, Piggybank, online savings and investment platform, announced its evolution from Piggybank.ng to PiggyVest.

A move that a lot of us didn’t expect:

The decision was taken in order to ensure that the services rendered ceaselessly evolve with the needs of their customers. In their words, they are pivoting from a strictly savings platform to a “robust financial platform.” The enhanced platform will offer even more services — including insurance and group investment options — which will be accessible to anyone, regardless of their background, all while maintaining the simplicity and convenience that has been its trademark.

However, it appears that social media is having none of it!

For example, we have those who outrightly think that the name change is a terrible idea:

We also have those who can see the potentials:

As expected, we have more people in support of the old name.

However, the most important thing to note is that the name change will not stop people from using the app – provided they can still get value from the services rendered, the only issue that might arise is with the brand-name’s adoption/usage.

With that said, what do you think?

9 comments on “From Piggybank to PiggyVest: Check Out Some of the Top Reactions from Nigerians.

1. Jesus!!

Why the sudden change

Hmm

I hope my small 5k is still safe, but seriously this new name sucks, piggyback is way better than this, they now sound like a company that sews vest for pigs 😂

1. Kemi Oguntayo says:

This your comment actually made me laugh hard

2. Abdulsamad Umar says:

Maybe, they were facing some copyright issues, Just maybe. So they had to go for a more unique name.

1. Anonymous says:

Copyright issues? But with who really? 🤷🏿‍♀️

3. JohnJuwel says:

HEY MISS TECHY,
    MY PERSONAL VIEW IS THAT, I DON’T REALLY SEE A GOOD REASON FOR THEM CHANGING THE NAME, IT WILL BE BETTER IF THEY USE THE FORMAL.

FUNNY ENOUGH MY BROTHER KNEW ABOUT THE PIGGY BANK, BUT IF HE TRY TO SEARCH FOR IT WITHOUT KNOWING THE NEW NAME AND WHY IT WAS CHANGE, HE WILL THINK IT IS A PHISHING SITE THAT WEB SCRAPERS DUPLICATE TO SCAN VICTIMS.

SO THE FORMAL NAME IS BETTER FOR ME, I HAVE MANY MORE REASONS.
    💁

… WELL, I HAVE NEVER REALLY HAD ISSUES ABOUT BRANDS CHANGING NAME. I’VE LOVED THE NETWORK WE NOW CALL AIRTEL SINCE THE DAYS OF VMOBILE. THE LOVE WAS SO MUCH THAT I HAD TO BUY THEIR SIM CARD EVEN WHRN I DON’T HAVE A PHONE 📱 AND I’M STILL ON THE NETWORK TILL NOW.
    IN REALITY, ITS REALLY NOT THE NAME THAT MAKES PEOPLE USE A SERVICE, ITS WHAT THEY ACTUALLY GET FROM IT…

… WELL, I HAVE NEVER REALLY HAD ISSUES ABOUT BRANDS CHANGING NAME. I’VE LOVED THE NETWORK WE NOW CALL AIRTEL SINCE THE DAYS OF VMOBILE. THE LOVE WAS SO MUCH THAT I HAD TO BUY THEIR SIM CARD EVEN WHEN I DON’T HAVE A PHONE 📱 AND I’M STILL ON THE NETWORK TILL NOW.

6. Princewill says:

Well, just like the above comment. So far their services remains unchanged then no problem

7. Dosunmu Aishat says:

I prefer piggybank to piggyvest. Although i love the idea that they are introducing investments to their platform. Atleast my 8k will yield something.
    😂😂 student life