This is Xiaomi’s Android Go Smartphone. You Like?

If I could pick a word to describe Xiaomi’s new Android go device, I’d probably pick:

Now, for a bit of background knowledge, this is Xiaomi’s first Android Go smartphone. So, you get a 5-inch 720p display, a 3,000mAh battery, an 8MP main camera, a 5MP selfie snapper, a Snapdragon 425 chipset (a quad-core chip that indeed tops out at 1.4Ghz), 1GB of RAM, 8GB of expandable storage, and (of course) Android Go based on Android 8.1.

😩The bezels, though

All for a price tag of $90, that is about N32,000, which is not so impressive, especially when you consider the fact that you can ‘currently’ get the Xiamoi Redmi 6a for N34,000.

Or the Umidigi A3:

Or even this notch-device:

Also, when placed beside other Android Go devices from the likes of iTel, to name a few, you’d realize that Xiaomi’s version of Android Go is still slightly more expensive.

In my opinion, Xiaomi needs to go back to the drawing board because I don’t think they can win the Nigerian market with a bland device (Referring to the looks, specs, and price) like this one!

14 comments on “This is Xiaomi’s Android Go Smartphone. You Like?

1. Dosunmu Aishat says:

I agree the price is to expensive for a 1gb phone with 8mp camera

2. JohnJuwel says:

HEY MISS TECHY,
    LIKE YOU SAID (you don’t think they can win the Nigerian market with a bland device (Referring to the looks, specs, and price) like this one). I STAND WITH YOU ON THIS ONE, BECAUSE PRODUCING A 1GB RAM, 16GB INTERNAL SMARTPHONE IN 2019, IS A VERY BAD MOVE IN THE MARKET, ALSO CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT XIAOMI ARE NEW IN THE NIGERIAN MARKET, I DON’T THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEA.
    DEAR XIAOMI,
    I WISS THIS PHONE HAD THE PUNCH HOLE, IT COULD HAVE BEEN THE TALK OF TOWN IN NIGERIA.
    AND THE PHONE UNIT WOULD BE FINSHED IN NIGERIA AFTER SAMSUNG GALAXY S10 LAUNCH DATE. (Nigeria’s love latest stuffs that is reigning)

3. Abdulsamad Umar says:

It would have been a good budget phone if the price range was around N15,000 – N20,000

1. Kaybang says:

“N15,000 – N20,000”
      That’s about $55.

Buy a “smartphone” @ that price range (regardless of country or manufacturer) and I guarantee you’ll be visiting your local psychiatrist more often than not.

1. Kehinde Adeleke says:

Lol 😂 😂. My goodness that is so true. You’ll be so frustrated.

4. Alexius Ide says:

Well I think that the price is completely terrible for the specs it should be within the N15,0000-N20,000 range I mean with some extra money you can get a Tecno spark 2

5. This is a good example of what Tecno and infinix is doing to us

So xiaomi wants to join the trend
    Issorite😁😁

1. Kaybang says:

All of them (especially the once thought good & infallible ones e.g Samsung, Nokia) will soon join gan.. sorry, join the trend 😔.
      The writing’s ✒ in the wall.

I’m telling u man, those Transsion boys are one of the horsemen 🐎 of the apocalypse ☣☠
      😔😔

6. Kaybang says:

Some of the names of these middle-of-the-road OEMs are just hilarious. Umidigi, Oukitel (sounds like something straight outta Transsion 🤔) 😅😅

O.T: Google’s word coach is fun stuff. 👌👌👍

7. Kehinde Adeleke says:

I current use an Android Go device. The itel p32.
    It’s 5.5inch, 1gb of ram, 8gb rom, 5mp front camera, 5mp rear camera with a 2mp depth sensor (the portrait mode is hit or miss but it’s still useful).
    MT6580, it’s not the fastest and its terrible, phones lags like and there’s also a fingerprint sensor +4000mah all got N26, 000. Xiaomi needs to up their game.

1. Kaybang says:

Sending bear hugs 🤗 for your situation with your iTel p32. You’ll survive good friend ☺.

2. Oke Umurhohwo says:

You have said it all

8. Princewill says:

Its a nay spec wise …. an upgrade is definitely needed

… WELL, XIAOMI GOT IT WRONG ON 5HE PRICING HERE. MEANWHILE, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A BUYER FOR ANYTHING AVAILABLE FOR SALE. THIS PHONE 📱 MAY PROBABLY SELL IN INDIA 🇮🇳 AND CHINA 🇨🇳, NOT SO IN NIGERIA 🇳🇬…