Would You Buy Xiaomi’s Foldable Phone?

When it comes to foldable phones, the first brand that comes to mind is Samsung.

However, it looks like Xiaomi might showing a strong interest.

Today, Xiaomi’s President, Lin Bin, shared a hands-on video of its first foldable phone:

At first glance, the prototype device looks like a bezel-less tablet:

But if you keep watching for a bit, you’d see how the sides of the phone were folded to make it look like a sleek phone.

This approach — folding both sides— is somehow different from Samsung’s which can be opened like a book to access its foldable 7.3-inch display

For now, no other details have been shared regarding Xiaomi’s foldable concept, but Xiaomi is already asking their fans what the name of the foldable phone lineup should be.

Until we get more details, does this look like something you can buy in 2019?

12 comments on “Would You Buy Xiaomi’s Foldable Phone?

1. Abdulsalam Abdulrahman says:

1. Dosunmu Aishat says:

😂😂Why

2. Looks like something that’ll need quite a lot of buck to acquire

But I really doubt the realism of this foldable phone

3. Dosunmu Aishat says:

Wow this is the first time in seeing a foldable phone. Looks really good but would be expensive sha

4. Kehinde Adeleke says:

Naa I don’t really fancy it. Obviously it’s going to be crazy expensive.
    Maybe in the future.

5. Suleiman says:

I would. Looks like the futurea

… WELL, I KNOW SINCE SAMSUNG BROUGHT THAT IDEA 💡 MANY OEMS WILL BE IN THEIR HEELS. I JUST WANT SAMSUNG TO RELEASE THEIRS ASAP SO THAT OTHERS CAN TAKE CUE.
    NO NETHERLANDS, FOLDABLE PHONES WHEN THEY BECOME FINALLY AVAILABLE WILL BE EXPENSIVE AND DIFFICULT TO REPAIR ESPECIALLY IF THE SCREEN GETS BROKEN. IT WILL VE GOOD FOR GAMERS THOUGH. WE ARE WAITING…

1. Kaybang says:

“IT WILL VE GOOD FOR GAMERS THOUGH.”
      🤔🤔🤔

What form factor are we talking about here? 🤔

7. Austin says:

The first thing that came to my mind is “is it durable? How long will the fold last? Remember Motorola flip phones?
    I don’t think I can buy

8. Kaybang says:

Xchioami (Or however the name is spelt) can put dividers and some pockets at the back of the phone so when u fold it, it instantly becomes a tri-fold wallet
    Dual purpose sturvs ☺☺

9. JohnJuwel says:

HEY MISS TECHY,
    LET ME TELL YOU THE TRUTH Ooo. I WON’T BUY IT, EVEN IF I HAVE THE CAPACITY TO GET ONE.

YES WE ALL HOPE FOR A NEW LINE OF MOBILE PHONES DESIGN, AND MANY COMPANIES ARE REALLY PUSHING INTO THIS NEW LINE OF PRODUCTION IN THE TECH MARKET, BUT I DON’T THINK THIS IS THE SOLUTION, I’VE WATCHED REVIEW ON IT AND I CAN’T GIVE IT 60/100 . MY REASONS ARE DURABILITY, EFFICIENCY, COMPATIBILITY,REPAIRABLE, NOT ANDROID ONE & PRICE TAG.
    -SURE, IT’S THE FUTURE BUT I DON’T THINK I CAN RISK BUYING IT FOR NOW.

#myPOINTofVIEW

10. Of course I would buy it,
    But only if the Funds are available☺️☺️.