Who is Ready for OPPO Mobile in Nigeria?

2019 is already looking to be quite competitive for Smartphone brands in Nigeria. We are about to have a lot of them vie for your attention this year, and guys, I am here for it 😁!

Now, a global player has also set its sights on Nigeria and according to my sources, OPPO Mobile is planning to go head to head with companies like Samsung, Apple, and Huawei in Nigeria.

For a bit of background knowledge, OPPO is a leading global consumer electronics and mobile communication company. In 2018, Oppo was ranked as the number 4 smartphone, according to IDC, only after Samsung, Huawei, Apple, and Xiaomi:

They are specifically known for their innovative smartphones.

Remember this one?

OPPO Mobile’s major aim has been to focus more on manufacturing camera phones while innovating mobile photography technology breakthroughs. For example, they pioneered the era of Selfie beautification and also introduced the first ever motorized rotating camera. But back to the Nigerian market, one of the products OPPO has quietly launched in Nigeria is the OPPO A3s:

A 3GB RAM mid-range device that cost about N69,000 on Jumia. As far as other specifications are concerned, you have:

• 13+2 MP Dual rear camera and an 8 MP front camera
  • 6.2-inch) HD (🧐) capacitive touchscreen display with 1520×720 pixels and 19:9 aspect ratio
  • 32GB storage expandable up to 256GB
  • Dual SIM (nano+nano) with dual standby (4G+4G)
  • Android v8.1 Oreo-based on Color OS 5.1 operating system
  • 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 octa-core processor
  • Battery: 4230 mAH lithium-ion battery

Now with this spec sheet and others from devices like the Find X, R11, R15, and the OPPO F7, do you think OPPO has what it takes to win your hearts and your money?

13 comments on “Who is Ready for OPPO Mobile in Nigeria?

1. Well in my own opinion this is quite costly
    But regarding to the specs
    They really tried in terms of resolution

2. Laide says:

Yes!!!!!!!! but please they shouldn’t launch all he small small phones only, we want find x too and other motorized ‘sturvs’

3. Lanre Akogun says:

Lol the gif had me laughing out loud. competition is definitely good for the end users it would make everyone be on their toes and I am referring to the likes of Tecno and Infinix that have been pushing out shitty devices all through

4. Xtopher says:

What I don’t find nice is Color OS.

It’s heavily forked from iOS UI

1. Titi says:

I was about to say this, nothing best stock Android experience

5. Xiaomi please, color Os is a bit boring

6. Jameelah afra says:

Glossy. I like this phone

… WELL, I WILL WAIT A BIT AND SEE WHAT THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE WILL BE LIKE. AFTER SALES SUPPORT AND HOW EASY IT WILL BE TO GET THEIR PARTS AND ACCESSORIES…

1. Danmola Ahmodu-Rufai says:

My thought exactly,the price is on the high side.đŸ€

8. Kehinde Adeleke says:

Once again another chinese manufacturer eyes Africa. We’ve got a large consumer market here, I’m just awaiting the day, smartphones assembly plants would be located in Africa. That aside Oppo, uhnn.
    I hope they will enough pack enough punch to go toe to toe with Infinix and Tecno- these guys have saturated the market.
    The phone you listed the spec above wont really cut it. A SD450 for 69k,that’s too pricey. And we want stock android. Let’s just see what they can offer us.

9. Elias Omobolanle says:

Wow wow wow! Thanks for this knowledge sharing, Nigerians love trending phones surely

10. @Jason_Sleek says:

Me paying 69 grand for an SD 450 smartphone in 2019 sounds pretty stupid.

Lost interest already!
    And what the hell is Xiaomi waiting for???