Instagram Hacked!!!

Since last week, hundreds of Instagram users have had issues logging in into their accounts. According to Mashables, Krista, a fitness trainer with about 4,500 followers tried logging in into her account and found out that her password has been changed. Not only that, her email and phone number has been changed too.

Related image

Upon further investigation, she found out it was taken over by an ru(Russian) user.

This is just one of the many other cases of people who experienced such. A lot of Instagram users who could not access their account took to Twitter to bombard the Instagram’s handle with complaints.

Image result for Hacked instagram gif

In response to these numerous complaints, Instagram says it is “aware that some people are having difficulty accessing their Instagram accounts” and that it is investigating the “issue” that’s caused hundreds of users to lose access to their accounts. They promise to introduce an improved 2FA feature soon.

Related imageRelated image

The company did not comment on how many accounts have been affected, but its latest statements suggest that it is widespread. In a blog post published Tuesday evening, the company urged users to revisit their security settings and enable two-factor authentication on their accounts.

Guys, we need to be more careful with our account information so as not to get hacked!!!

14 comments on “Instagram Hacked!!!

1. Cirphrank says:

See the darkest days my dear. – Passenger

… WELL, MINE HAS NOT BEEN AFFECTED YET, BUT I’VE EXPERIENCED HACKING ON MY FACEBOOK ACCOUNT TWICE AND THE THIRD ONE WAS THE FINAL STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMEL’S 🐫 BACK AS MY PASSWORD, PHONE 📱 NUMBER AND EMAIL 📧 WERE ALL CHANGED. I HAD TO ABANDON THAT ACCOUNT AND CREATE ANOTHER ONE…

3. Kehinde says:

Phew, sounds bad. I wasn’t affected though, gotta do that two-factor authentication.

4. kolade David says:

This hacking stuff is true oo. My account ‘Delson barry’ has being hacked.. I am livid to know that my main account has being hacked.. Hmmm what am I gonna do now.

5. Princewill says:

Now Facebook is in a deeper trouble

6. Kaybang says:

Ohhh, so that’s what happened to my colleagues account.
    Like, Babe was crying and panting all over the place, calling everyone in a 2 mile radius with a voice of extreme force, degree and strength not particular to her to come and try every possible login solution she had scraped from the inter-webs, then crumbling and rolling on the ceramic tiled floor in fervent anguish and agony when the inter-web solutions turned out to be nothing but mere temporary useless kludges. Then when it was finally revealed by the gram her account had been blocked…

The things i saw;
    ◙The expression of highly unpleasant physical sensation caused by illness or injury (or in this case, the inability to login to her Instagram account.)
    ◙ mental suffering and distress.
    ◙ agony, affliction, torture, torment, discomfort, soreness, sorrow, grief, heartache, heartbreak, sadness, unhappiness, distress, desolation and misery now revealed to be caused by Russian hackers…

I’m telling you man, real end of the world stuff 🙁

7. Victor Molokwu says:

Going to activate 2fa immediately.

8. Adegbenro. says:

I’ve never used Instagram but I’m truly amazed it doesn’t strongly encourage its users to utilize 2FA.

9. Katumu Adasi says:

Hackers everywhere, the only solution is prayer.

10. Khodedbaze says:

Instagram can never get hacked

1. Techbase says:

Anything can be hacked only if it is isolated from the internet

11. Timothy says:

This is not good for Instagram, but it always occurs and it will be fixed in no distant time. I believe this will still happen

12. James says: