The Women Who Rule

A Nigerian team from Anambra State just won the Junior Gold Award at the Technovation World Pitch Summit!

The team, codenamed Team Save A Soul, is comprised of five girls:

Promise Nnalue.

Jessica Osita:

Nwabuaku Ossai:

Adaeze Onuigbo:

…And Vivian Okoye

They came together to develop an application called FD-Detector! An app that aims to tackle the problem of fake pharmaceutical products in Nigeria, a country which has one of the largest markets for fake drugs, according to NAFDAC.

The integral part of the app is that it leverages on the drug’s barcode to verify the authenticity of the drug as well as its expiration date. So, to confirm a drug’s authenticity, all you have to do is to download the app and allow it to scan the drug’s barcode.

To understand how big this is, you need to understand that this is the first time a Junior Nigerian team has emerged the winner at Technovation, an event that had participation from over 19,000 girls in 115 countries with over 2,000 mobile apps submitted.

I tried to download the FD-detector app, but it’s currently unavailable on the Play store, I’d be on the lookout, though.

However, the girls are not stopping there! Team Save A Soul also intends to partner with the National Agency for Food & Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) to help solve the problem of fake drugs in Nigeria.

I can’t just stop smiling, guys!

7 comments on “We Won!! These College Girls from Anambra Just Made Nigeria Proud With their Innovation.

1. Olabisi Erinosho says:

This is really exciting and it is very commendable to the young ladies.We need to celebrate theses ladies more just like our able Misstechy did.

… WELL, THIS IS A KIND OF NEWS TO CHEER ABOUT. THIS IS WHAT NIGERIA 🇳🇬 IS, THE BEST OF HUMANITY. THANK YOU FOR GIRLS 👭, THANK YOU NDỊ ANAMBRA, THANK YOU NDỊ IGBO.
    I’M PROUD OF YOU PEOPLE.
    I WILL BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR THE APP TOO AND I HOPE MISSTECHY WILL INFORM US WHEN THE APP IS AVAILABLE TOO…

3. Mercy Familusi says:

This is such good news! I really pray and hope they are resilient enough to ensure that their partnership with NAFDAC works.

4. Ed Anionwu says:

Really commend the girls & especially their mentor. I hope that we can have more useful ideas like this emerge from a country with great problems.

5. princewill says:

Wow….. That’s really great

6. Derrick says:

Great work
    What’s the name of the school they attend

7. ANEKE SAMUEL Sir-Yentist says:

What a great milestone…I am really proud of them.
    We got brains and I am very happy…greater heights for them.
    I hope the government considers giving them beautiful brains the necessary supports to reach greater heights.
    This is worthy of emulation by other young girls…