Tech Poll

Poll: How Often Do You Use Google’s Search Tool?

Ever clicked on the tool option in Google search?

Google Search Tool which was introduced in 2013, allows you to filter the results by relevance, country, and year. The year filter is particularly helpful if you’re looking for a specific article, report, or file and only know the publication date.

Let me give you an example, yesterday, I wanted to know the whereabouts of BarlowGirls— a Christian music group quite popular in 2012. Unfortunately, “old” news as far back as 2010 still sneak through the results.

The pages may meet the gold standards of Google’s mystic search algorithm, but the blast from the past doesn’t help my cause. So, what I did was to click on the tool button on Google search, then streamlined it to only get results in a custom date range (from 2016 – 2018) and that helped a lot.

Tool is also extremely useful in images. So, if you are trying to search for a PNG image or a GIF, or say, you want a large-sized image, then Google search tool is your best bet.

However, a good number of Google users are unaware of the extensive search tools that are available to them, the average searcher will simply input their search query and skim through the search engine results page until their search is satisfied unaware of the many tools available that may improve their search experience.

So, over to you, how often do you use it or do you even use it?

10 comments on “Poll: How Often Do You Use Google’s Search Tool?

1. I’ve never used it, I didn’t even know the tools button had a filter function. This is cool.

2. Abdul Abdul says:

Nice!….I never knew about the search tool😳….I’ll be using it regularly as from now…thanks misstechy.

3. isaiah oladapo says:

Hearing about it for the first time

4. smart aniekan says:

I use it everyday

5. Kaybang says:

“… a good number of Google users are unaware of the extensive search tools that are available to them, the average searcher will simply input their search query and skim through the search engine results page until their search is satisfied…”
    So i’m an average searcher. That hurts deep, real deep

6. Princewill says:

“Google’s mystic serach algorithm” lolzz

7. Fhemi says:

Just finished making use of this tool before coming to check on here.
    I use it like everyday even on YouTube. When I search for stuffs like series keys or when i want to see the most recent information about something im searching for. I find it very very helpful..

8. Fhemi says:

That feeling you get when you find it very easy to search information on Google. With just right the key words,(not necessarily a long sentence), strings, file types and the search tool you would find Google search quite interesting

9. AbdulHameed says:

Thank you Miss Techy……I use google search almost every day but never noticed the search tool was there…………….Thank you for pointing me to this.

10. OBÁDÁRÀ says:

…WELL,I HAVE NEVER USED IT AND FROM NOW ON,I WILL USE IT EXTENSIVELY. GOOGLE,ALWAYS MAKING LIFE EASIER SINCE 000 AD.