Do You Think the New Blackberry Key2 is Worth the $645 Price Tag?

It looks really sleek:

And comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 chip, the same on the Nokia 7 plus, along with an improved RAM and Storage — 6GB of memory and either 64GB or 128GB of space with a MicroSD card slot. In front, you have the 8MP shooter and an upgraded dual 12MP cameras at the back. The screen is a 4.5-inch display with gorilla glass 3 protection, you also have a fingerprint scanner built into the keyboard. All of that is powered by a 3500mAh battery that supports quick charge 3.0.

However, the rumored price —$645—might have you feeling this way:

$645 (N245,000+) is a lot for a device with these specs, especially when you consider that it costs twice as much as the Nokia 7 Plus with similar specs.

So, here’s my thoughts, Blackberry—your devices are great, but you need to get your pricing right! You can’t expect people to pay $649 for a SD660 equipped phone?!

The BlackBerry Key2 is expected to launch tomorrow.

What do you think?

11 comments on “Do You Think the New Blackberry Key2 is Worth the $645 Price Tag?

1. smart aniekan says:

Always classy

2. Barry Palmer says:

They go sell o (Ajè o)

3. Promise says:

Blackberry should just give up please😥

4. Wareez says:

in my opinion, I think it’s not too bad for that price, considering the fact that the target market are the core BlackBerry fans. I dig the physical keyboard and the industrial design tho.

… WELL, I’VE ALWAYS SAID THIS – BLACKBERRY PHONES ARE ALWAYS TOO PRICEY AND VERY THICK! I DON’T STAND IN COMFORT WITH THAT PRICE TAG. BUT THIS WILL REALLY BE AN UPGRADE OVER THE KEY ONE…

6. Xtopher says:

After using the Keyone for 6months+ I can comfortably say I’m getting the Key2..

Its way more expensive to build a Phone with a Keyboard not to talk more of a Capacitive Keyboard..
    It doesn’t matter what chipset is in there, what matters is the Optimisation put together with added security features all these plus a 2 day Battery live with heavy usage (Talking from experience with the Keyone)..

There’s a targetted consumer and its not for all.. There are more than a million options in the market if youre looking for the latest chipset..

7. isaiah oladapo says:

Well they are not ready to penetrate the market yet

8. Adegbenro says:

IMO BlackBerry still think they’re a top ranking OEM. SD 660 has same CPU as SD 821 but with an inferior GPU. That was what 2016 flagship phones were sporting. At $645, the core BB fans might go for it but many others will not. I never had a BB phone and this doesn’t attract me.

9. ALMB says:

For Blackberry users I guess the Key2 is a significant upgrade and will totally be worth it. For the rest of the world this will be an overpriced midranger.

10. Austin says:

I have only two words for you, blackberry
    “Stupid Phone”. Thank you