Would You Buy a Samsung Galaxy S8 Lite in 2018?

Picture this, someone gives you N255,000:

…And forces you to buy a Smartphone with all of the money.

Then this is brought to your attention:

Gorgeous, right?

The newly launched Samsung Galaxy S8 Lite, or should I say the Galaxy S Light Luxury, which was rumored a couple of weeks back. For a price tag of about $625 (N225,000), you get that gorgeous 5.8-inch Infinity Display sported on the S8. Under the hood, things have changed. So instead of the Snapdragon 835 processor on the S8, you get a Snapdragon 660 coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage.  The back hosts one camera sensor — a 16MP camera along with a fingerprint scanner by the side and an 8MP camera in front. All of that is powered by a 3300mAh battery (higher than the S8) and an Android 8.0 OS.

For a bit of perspective, the S8 Lite is a little bit lower than the S8 when it was launched, but despite that fact, the price isn’t really light considering the specs. I mean for that price, you can get a cheaper Xiaomi phone with better specs.

Here is another interesting fact, the S8 is currently being sold for less.

Before you get your panties in a twist because you are trying to imagine the rationale behind the pricing, the S8 Lite is debuting exclusively in China and from what I read, it’s one of the reasons it is launching with that price tag.

Now, back to our initial story, would you use the imaginary N225,000 to buy this?

8 comments on “Would You Buy a Samsung Galaxy S8 Lite in 2018?

1. isaiah oladapo says:

No i will rather buy the full s8

2. Fhemi says:

No i won’t… I do research and finding before getting gadgets. I’m sure there would be a best buy than the Samsung s8lite

3. It’s Galaxy S Light Luxury not S8 Lite because it cost almost the same with the Galaxy S9. I see no reason for this smartphone because the S9 still looks more beautiful and premium….

4. Titi says:

Samsung are not ready

5. Adegbenro says:

I’d use that money to buy the Essential phone. Since it’s launch last year it has undergone numerous software updates and a significant drop in price. For about 180K it’s a much better bargain.

… WELL, I CAN’T BUY THIS.
    I THINK THE PRICING POLICY OF THIS SOUTH KOREAN GIANT WILL LATER BECOME THEIR UNDOING.
    THIS IS WAY TOO PRICEY. PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT BLINDFOLDED BY FANBOYISM WILL MOST PROBABLY CHOOSE ONEPLUS 6 OVER THIS IN 8-2 RATIO.
    THIS IS ONE ONE OF THE REASONS SAMSUNG HAS BEEN LOOSING A LARGER CHUNK OF THEIR MARKET SHARES IN ALMOST ALL OF THEIR STRONGHOLDS.

7. Prime says:

Mehn na oneplus 6 win am for me o…. That’s my dream high end phone.

8. ALMB says:

Never, too expensive! It makes no sense