It’s finally here guys!

While on my way back to Lagos, I kept thinking about what OnePlus might unveil today and boy was I ‘not’ surprised! So, the OnePlus 6 looks like a blend of the iPhone X and the Galaxy S9 with its glass back and that notch!

However, unlike the hefty price tag on the iPhone X or the S9, the OnePlus 6 comes in at $ $529 and with that, you’d get:

Operating system Android 8.1 Oreo
OxygenOS
Display 6.28-inch Optic AMOLED, 2280×1080 (19:9 aspect ratio)
Gorilla Glass 5
Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core
Adreno 630 GPU
Storage 64GB (Mirror Black)
128GB (Mirror Black, Midnight Black, Silk White)
256GB (Midnight Black)
RAM 6GB (Mirror Black)
8GB (Mirror Black, Midnight Black, Silk White)
LPDDR4X
Rear camera 1 16MP (IMX 519), 1.22-micron pixels, ƒ/1.7
OIS, EIS
Dual LED flash
Rear camera 2 20MP (IMX 376k), 1-micron pixels, ƒ/1.7
Rear video 4K @ 60 fps, 1080p @ 60FPS
720p @ 480FPS slo-mo (max values)
Front camera 16MP (IMX 371), 1-micron pixels, f/2.0
TD-SCDMA Band 34/39
HSPA Band 1/2/4/5/8/9/19
CDMA Band BC0/BC1
Dimensions 155.7 x 75.4 x 7.75 mm
Weight 177 grams
Colors Mirror Black, Midnight Black, Silk White

Yes, I do think that there is nothing special about the device— it still lacks the water resistant feature, or wireless charging— but I guess one of its unique selling points is the price — it’s the most affordable ‘major phone’ to use a Snapdragon 845 processor!

However, despite the price, I can’t help but wonder why they had to keep a notch and a chin!

It is also strange how they opted for a full glass back, but didn’t give the phone wireless charging, which means that you get a  phone that is a lot more fragile with no added benefit other than the “Luxurious feel that glass gives”.

Whichever way, the OnePlus 6 is here to stay! What do you think?

11 comments on “The OnePlus 6 is the Most Affordable Major Phone to use a Snapdragon 845 processor!

1. Omo~Olajide says:

You forgot to mention the bullet wireless headphones and all it’s majestic features 😀

Finally going to let go of my oneplus 3 (2 years rocking steady) for this baby….. This is my baby oooo in #lasisi’svoice.

I actually thought about writing you a review because you haven’t written a oneplus launch review until now.

Kudos Missy

1. Jide says:

To address some of your cons,

Oneplus phones has always been semi-waterproof and water tests abound all over youtube. Getting the IPxx certification will increase the cost of the device right off the bat and really, how many people actually take under water pictures with their IP68 certified phones.

Wireless charging I believe can be enabled with some software update and I am sure it will happen in a few months when they are able to stock custom Oneplus wireless charging pads. The same was said about the Oneplus 5 and not having facial unlock (They used it as a selling feature for Oneplus 5T and added it to Oneplus 5 as a simple update).

Saying this is nothing special despite rocking all the same specs as the top of the line devices while staying more than $200 cheaper is really pushing it.

So what would have made it special and at what price point would you like that special to be?

… WELL, MAYBE WE SHOULD DISCUSS ON YOUR ONEPLUS 3…

2. Molokwu Victor says:

Impressive specs, I’m not a wireless charging fan.

… WELL, WIRELESS IS MORE OF HARDWARE THAN SOFTWARE. SO, IF A PHONE IS NOT WIRELESS CHARGING ENABLED FROM THE ONSET, I DON’T THINK A SOFTWARE UPDATE CAN FIX THAT( MY OPINION THOUGH, IF YOU KNOW BETTER, I WILL BE HUMBLE ENOUGH TO LISTEN).
    FOR THE PRICE AND THE SPECS, I THINK ITS A PERFECT MATCH. ONEPLUS HAS ALWAYS BEEN TAGGED AS THE FLAGSHIP KILLER.
    I THINK ITS A GOOD MOVE BY THE BBK ELECTRONICS SUB BRAND…

1. Jide says:

Wireless charging is simply charging by induction which you can achieve with any phone (videos abound on youtube on how to do that). I believe that companies use foresight in their dealings and as we all know, there will be a OnePlus 6T in a few months that must be sold. My bet is wireless charging will be on that and in a few weeks, a software update will activate it on the 6. This has been the trend and I am backing that horse…..I may be wrong though but even when you think about it, it makes the most sense (glassback design and flagship trends).

My Oneplus 3 is still my baby ooo. Changing phones is such a bother because of all the 2FA dissociation I have to do for my cryto wallets and accounts. Let’s see after May 22nd.

… WELL, MAYBE WE SHOULD DISCUSS ON YOUR ONEPLUS 3…

5. CNVRSN says:

Beautiful design. Oneplus 6 makes the notch look good. Not dissapointed by any aspect of the phone considering its price.

6. Nice smartphone with great specs.

7. Mehmet says:

Xiaomi MI 7 will be cheaper and better

8. Adegbenro says:

If it had a ceramic back or metallic unibody I’d be interested. Wireless charging is mainly a gimmick ,especially in Nigeria where charging efficiency is the key issue for most people.