Remember how excited I was when I read that John Legend’s voice was coming to Assistant? Unfortunately, John Legend isn’t among the six new Assistant voices that Google recently debuted (His voice is set to arrive at a later date). Yes, Google has added more voice options and major bummer, they still sound slightly robotic.
To get this on your Smartphone right now (If you haven’t), you need to:
- Go to settings
- Click on Languages and input
- Change your keyboard to English (United States).
- Long press on the home button to activate Google assistant
- Click on the cabinet icon
- Click on the 3 dotted icons on the top right corner
- Select settings
- Click on Personal Preference
- And then select Assitant voice!
Now, there is a big chance you might not see the Assistant voice option on your phone, but:
Just long press on the home button to activate Google Assistant and then type or mention “Voice settings”
Click on the “voice settings” in the option:
There you have it! And as far as the voices go, I think I’d stick with 8! It sounds macho 😉!