How Tos

This Is How You Can Enable Night Mode on Chrome for Android!

Night mode is no longer a new feature and a couple of Android apps have since integrated it into their settings. An example is this app — eReader Prestigo—one of my favorite ebook readers, I find it convenient switching between daytime mode:

…and Night mode:

Unfortunately, you can’t easily get this effect on Chrome for Android (If you think about it, that is where some of us spend most of our time), well, let me rephrase that, you couldn’t get the night mode feature on Chrome for Android:

So, to enable Night mode on Chrome for Android, open Chrome and tap the three-dot icon and select settings:

Once there, select Accessibility:

And enable Simplified view.

With that, go to any website of your choice, preferably misstechy.com:

Then select an article to read (P.S. I noticed that this works better when you read an article not when you are on the homepage), you should see a pop-up at the bottom saying, ‘Show simplified view’. Tap it to convert.

Who is missing the old MissTechy look?

Now, we are about to switch things up real quick.
Once you have converted the page, select the three icons on the top right corner and then you should see a new menu —Appearance— click on it:

There you can toggle between light, sepia, and dark mode or even adjust the size of the text.
It looks like a long process until you try it out for yourself, but do let me know if this is something you’d want to use on Chrome.

10 comments on “This Is How You Can Enable Night Mode on Chrome for Android!

1. Abdul Abdul says:

Misstechy thanks for this….I wish whatsapp can also have night mode too.

… WELL, ITS A SHAME THAT GOOGLE’S CHROME IS JUST COMING TO THE DARK MODE PARTY. THAT’S ONE OF THE REASONS WHY I’VE DISABLED CHROME FOR SAMSUNG’S INTERNET BROWSER.
    NONETHELESS, ITS A GOOD ONE FOR THE LARGE POPULACE OF CHROME USERS…

3. You can also enable night mode on your entire smart phone not only on Google chrome. Download Blue Light Filter – Night Mode, Eye Care APP in Google PlayStore.

4. Joshua says:

Interesting… Thanks for the tip

5. Aje says:

Didn’t work for me.. don’t know why

6. Fola says:

Just did this.
    Like you said, I spend quite a lot of time using Chrome, and it was a great relief to find this article.

7. Adegbenro says:

For so long I’ve avoided Chrome, and like many others, have been using Samsung Internet browser{and I’m enjoying it). Thanks so much for the info.

8. Adegbenro says:

Unlike with other browsers it’s not trained. One has to click on “show simplified view” with every new article. Chrome still have some way to go.

9. Stylz says:

I’m having an issue with my WhatsApp, It keeps loading whenever I enter my mobile number for verification and it never gets verified. My WhatsApp just striped working all of a sudden and I have uninstall and re install over and over again. Any useful tips please

10. Peter says: