According to reports, about 9 million Nigerians have activated the DND code on their phones.
This was disclosed by the Executive Vice Chairman of the Nigerian Communications Commission, Prof. Umar Garba Danbatta, at the just concluded Mobile World Congress where he was a speaker.

The number increased from 8 million subscribers reported last year:

To 9 million in February— that is about a 12.5% increase.
However, like you’ve noticed from previous posts on the topic, activating the DND does not always solve the problem as some subscribers still complain about receiving unsolicited messages from service providers. The complaints birthed “622,” a toll-free line where subscribers can launch complaints directly to the commission.
There is no information on the numbers of calls that have been made to this line so far, but you can have an idea, especially from Danbatta’s words:

As I am talking to you, we have a Do- Not- Disturb facility, which is very easy to use by consumers as more than nine million users have activated this facility.
“Again, close to that number have gained access to our 622 toll-free line, which is provided to consumers to lodge their complaints on the quality of service provided by the telecommunication firms.”

So, let’s say about 5 million unique calls?

17 comments on “There Has Been a 12.5% Increase in the Number of People Who Have Activated the DND Code in Nigeria.

… WELL, I’M PROUD TO BE ONE OF THOSE WHO MAKE UP THIS NUMBER. ALTHOUGH, I MUST ADMIT THAT, ONE WAY OR THE OTHER, MY SERVICE PROVIDERS ARE STILL FINDING A WAY OF GETTING AT ME,BUT THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS NCC HAVE DONE FOR COMMUNICATION CONSUMERS IN NIGERIA 🇳🇬…

1. Kaybang says:

So let me get this straight.
      •You use the number.
      •But from ur comment it definitely sounds like it doesn’t solve anything or achieve much.
      •But somehow it’s one of the best things NCC has done for consumers?
      Did I miss something big Daddy? Cus last time I tried using it, in the words of Kay, “it was trash 🚮”.

2. Pwilliams says:

It still didn’t stop them 100%

1. Kaybang says:

Twas never going to stop them 😞

3. True caller works better..just set disturbing numbers as spam calls or messages. That’s All

4. Lol they won’t stop disturbing ooh….. this our network providers tire pass ooh …

1. Kaybang says:

Your username. You should be sanctioned for using that username. Holy
      shit 😫

5. True caller is the best way to block them you can even do that directly with Xioami phones.

6. Kaybang says:

“True caller works better..”
    “True caller is the best way to block them…”
    Y’all are really going to make me reinstall that app aren’t you? Damn..

1. I hate true caller, especially when it forces me to use truecaller’s messaging app to black list sms from some numbers but right now it does a better job than the NCC’s dnd.

1. Kaybang says:

Aiit bro, I’ve reinstalled it.
        *sobs uncontrollably*
        *C. Ronaldo crying GIF*

7. Amir says:

DND works but it only stops third party messages. It doesn’t stop those sent by the network provider directly.

8. Kelvin says:

What’s DND?

9. Adegbenro says:

Fortunately I activated the DND option when it first came out. Since activation my “disturbance” has dropped by about 99%

10. cyberlord says:

I love true caller it helps alot @Molokwu Victor
    i rep http://9jawibe.xtgem.com

11. mike says:

Pretty interesting article misstechy…visit https://Alphatekng.com for mind blowing tech gist, free browsing tips and tricks e.t.c.

12. Collins Ude says:

Well DND works but it only stops third party messages. It doesn’t stop those sent by the network provider directly