Can We Talk About Payporte's Website?

Imagine this: You search for a product using Google search, let’s say a Phone case. Then you see a good result:

You click on it, and while you’re still trying to decide whether to go for it, this comes up:

With no option for you to close it.
This is exactly what happens when you spend time on Payporte’s website, especially on mobile, you get a login prompt with no close button.
For the few times I’ve encountered this on Payporte, I either do this:

Close the tab!

Or use my developer’s console to remove the prompt:

But:

I don’t know the logic behind forcing people to register — my best bet would be that Payporte has gotten so many visits with a few signups and this is their own way of ensuring that people who visit also sign up.
If that is the case, then this could also be enough to put off first-time shoppers who can’t see why they should have to register first.
As a matter of fact, when you want people’s money, you should remove as many impediments as you can that get in the way of them providing it! And this is one of them!
Over to you, ever encountered this on Payporte? What do you think?

8 comments on “Can We Talk About Payporte's Website?

1. Justice says:

Atleast people should get a review of what they want to buy first. Forcing people to register 😌😌 is a no no

2. pwilliams says:

that’s why I would always prefer Jumia

3. Ehm, I have encountered this, had to close the tab …but with that login with Facebook feature, they are really gonna get a lot of folks to sign up .

1. Lanre Akogun says:

Lmao @ get people to sign up, big lie. like MissTechy said, ain’t nobody got time for that. People like jumia and others are there waiting to take my hard earned money from me

4. _edu_andy_ says:

I noticed that recently actually and I was frustrated…the one time I visit payporte and that’s what I get

… WELL, I HAVEN’T EXPERIENCED THIS, BUT IT WILL BE REALLY ANNOYING. PEOPLE CAN’T BE FORCED INTO SIGNING UP ON A PLATFORM…

6. Tastee says:

Obadara stop using blo*dy uppercase for all your responses. It’s distracting and annoying AF. If you owned the site I bet you would publish posts in uppercase

1. Not going to say my name says:

Err he is trying to get your attention. And he has obviously