Facebook Is Going the YouTube Way, And That's Not Surprising at All.

By “the YouTube way,” I mean that Facebook is getting set to introduce ads that would show up at the beginning of a video, in simple terms, pre-roll ads.

Unlike YouTube’s 5-second limit ads, the pre-roll ads will run for up to six seconds provided that the video is 3-minutes long, it will also appear on videos in Facebook’s “Watch” Hub, not the News Feed.

When should you expect to see them?
2018!
I once had this believe that YouTube was the king of video views (I still do, in a way) until I saw the millions of views a video can garner on Facebook (A case study is this viral video on YouTube that garnered more views on Facebook):

As expected, this should generate a significant revenue for Facebook.
As for the users, well:

The majority of the internet economy is driven by ads.

17 comments on “Facebook Is Going the YouTube Way, And That's Not Surprising at All.

1. Jay says:

Everybody is trying to make more money. I remember the type of anger that creep into my heart whenever I see an advert obstruct the video I am watching on YouTube, now Facebook want to increase theirs to 6 secs. Well, like you said, we really have no choice.
    Meanwhile:
    Final Cut Pro X Introduces 360-degree VR Video Editing

… WELL I WOULDN’T REALLY STAND AGAINST THIS. FACEBOOK NEEDS TO MAKE MONEY AND IT SEEMS THAT’S ONE OF THE EASIEST WAYS. BUT I’M AFRAID 😨 FACEBOOK IS BUILDING A MONOPOLISTIC SOCIAL MEDIA WORLD…

3. hussaini says:

It is not by making money,as what you guys have earlier said but making good use of it or add a new features to it. Imagine facebook auto plays itself when ever you are connected to wifi. Which is bad from them

4. Kelvin says:

Facebook continues to grow. Adding new features, and it’d generate a lot of revenue. Owing to the billions of users using Facebook.

5. hassan says:

am sure they want to copy the strategy of YouTube so as for them to be top among other social media app but I think instagram is by the corner to challenge them,love to get more informative article from you as this is going to really help me alot.

6. Ani says:

I like it I think is a welcome development

7. Kaybang says:

“…FACEBOOK IS BUILDING A MONOPOLISTIC SOCIAL MEDIA WORLD…”
    “…they want to copy the strategy of YouTube so as for them to be top among other social media app.”
    “I like it I think is a welcome development”
    “…instagram is by the corner to challenge them..,”
    So, what do ya’ll want me to believe?

… WELL, YOU CAN BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE SIR. BUT OUR BELIEFS MAY BE THROUGH OR FALSE WHEN THE OUTCOMES BECOME REAL…

More money must be made.
    But I’m still waiting for a feature Facebook will initiate or introduce, and I’m already getting old but yet to see any.
    Copy copy!!

9. Pwilliams says:

That’s their way….we hardly can do anything about that

10. Edu says:

They are doing well that’s all I can say at this moment

11. Prosperity says:

Ever since fb started their video mechanism I knew youtube was in trouble
    earn free electroneum here

12. Timothy says:

Facebook user might also use this to make money true the advert
    2018 is going to be a very very awesome year that for sure i love this

13. Timothy says:

Facebook user might also use this to make money true the advert
    2018 is going to be a very very awesome year that for sure i love this

14. I won’t entirely support the idea of Facebook integrating ad features in their videos, rather a more conservative and beneficial strategy which I HAVE OUTLINED FOR THEM THIS 2018 should be employed.
    They can actually start by; assigning a certain level of coin or something like that to Facebook users. WHAT FOR? For Facebook advert automation of course. Imagine, having to run Facebook advert yourself without cash or bank deposit, just some coin stuff.
    How do users get these coins? That is left for them. But at least increment in number of likes given by a user should be a welcome idea as this would help foster a close community of Facebook users. Imagine having a post uploaded with just *5likes* low confidence and moral of course.
    So, that’s my vision for Facebook in 2018. Misstechy, I would love to hear your say on this.