We only have about 19 days before we end 2017, and as expected a lot of tech companies have shared insights about the way people use their products or services. The latest to do so is Truecaller.

Their year in calling stats revealed the rise of spam calls throughout the year in different parts of the world and according to them, over 40 million unique spam numbers were identified by Truecaller users this year.

It was also revealed that Somalia made the most calls per person in 2017, with the average user making roughly 19 calls and receiving 14 calls per day.
Another interesting stat is this one: Tanzania sent the most SMS in 2017. In numbers, the average user from Tanzania sends approximately 10 SMS messages and receives about 16 per day!

Bringing it back home, one number connected with a Telco in Nigeria made 38 million calls in a year!
Not regular calls, guys, Spam calls and this is even higher than the 31 million calls reported in India.

Although Truecaller didn’t reveal the name, something tells me that the Telco behind the calls is none other than GLO because I can’t count the number of times I have received SPAM calls from that network!

10 comments on “Truecaller's Year in Calling: One Nigerian Telco Made 38 million SPAM Calls in 2017.

1. Pwilliams says:

Glo?
    How sure is that…..if I should guess I did say MTN

1. Pwilliams says:

Okay…..all these telcos are birds of same feather

1. Kaybang says:

It’s gotta be Airtel. The AIDS equivalent for Nigerian telcos with no known cure.
      Their unsolicted spam calls and SMSs, most of which are from a heartless cretin whose job involves calling prospective clients to sell them goods or services they don’t want and have no use for. These miserable parasites are as moral as an Islamic terrorist.
      It’s gotta be Airtel.

2. Fhëm says:

Not a fan of truecaller .. I stop using it after reading a post here in MissTechy

3. hassan says:

the is one among the best Android app I have ever use since when I was introduced by misstechy,the app is nice and it contains alot, I started using the app from one of post she made on this techblog,i must say that misstechy has been making thing easier for me in all aspects like technews,androidapps and so on,thanks love to get more informative article from you.

4. hussaini says:

Please let drop more positive comment so that other visitors visiting other blogs could get attracted towards it. Love to get more informative article on this blog

I don’t fancy Truecaller and don’t use it.
    But these stats are eye boggling, and it’s for only those using the app, imagine the stats in general.
    I guess the network with most spam call have to be Airtel.

1. Kaybang says:

“…the network with most spam call have to be Airtel.”

… WELL, BASED ON ASSUMPTION, WE MAY ALL BE GUESSING WRONG. UNTIL THERE’S A RESEARCH TO NULLIFY OR VERIFY OR CLAIMS. SPAM CALLS AND TEXTS CAN BE VERY ANNOYING. I USE TRUE CALLER AND ITS A GOOD APP, BUT THERE ARE IMPROVEMENTS THAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN TO THAT APP ELSE…