Microsoft officially launched Windows 10 in 2015, which they foisted on consumers. But PC gamers especially those who use Steam are looking at Windows 10 like:

How do I know this?
Valve provided a new data garnered in November 2017 through its Steam gaming platform, and it turns out that Steam users still use the 64-bit version of Windows 7 to play their favorite games, even more than Windows 10.

According to Valve, the 64-bit version of Windows 10 experienced a share decrease of -5.44%, while the 32-bit version dropped by 0.09%. Which means that, overall, Windows 10 is currently powering 24.34% of the systems that have Steam installed. The good news is that the Windows OS still remains the leading desktop OS for playing games on Steam and even out of Steam.
Now, this might be open to being persuaded by a strong argument, but I think that Windows 7 is the only operating system that managed to survive the Windows 10 push and Microsoft might have to worry about the fact that users won’t want to let go of Windows 7 even when they stop supporting it in January 2020.

8 comments on “When an Old Flame Still Burns 8 Years Later: PC Gamers Still Love Windows 7 — Valve.

… WELL, I WANT TO BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE CAN BE SO IN LOVE WITH WHAT THEY’RE USED TO ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS SERVING THEM WELL.
    WINDOWS 7 STILL LIVES ON IN GAMING…

1. michael says:

True…visit http://technownow.com for d latest tech gist…you will be amazed

2. Hussaini says:

And this is a reason why people get put off pc gaming. When you’ve got comments slagging off AMD just because it’s not as good as what you can afford, really makes a great impression to those who don’t care. I personally have used amd all my life and have never had a problem.

3. pwilliams says:

To me win 7 is one of the best version of Windows Os ever made by Microsoft

1. michael says:

Dats true, windows 7 is without a doubt d best

So I don’t need to be ashamed to admit I still prefer Windows 7, whether for gaming or any other thing.

5. hassan says:

window 7 still remains the best to me because am a PC game freakers, am gonna stand by for window 7.and currently now still remains the best ,love to get more info on this great tech blog.

1. michael says:

nice, looks like we re on dsame train…i happen to be a true gamer and i love windows 7….visit http;//technownow.com and be amazed