Samsung right now:
Because at the end of the day, it’s a good ole’ win-win situation for them.
Anyway, Apple’s “late” decision to finally adopt the OLED screens might have paid off—based on a review by DisplayMate, the iPhone X’s screen has the best display they’ve ever tested. Which is rather funny when you consider the fact that Samsung provides the OLED panels to Apple.
Here are a couple of areas DisplayMate listed:
- Highest Absolute Color Accuracy for any display (0.9 JNCD) which is Visually Indistinguishable From Perfect
- Highest Full-Screen Brightness for OLED Smartphones (634 nits)
- Highest Full-Screen Contrast Rating in Ambient Light (141)
- Highest Contrast Ratio (Infinite)
- Lowest Screen Reflectance (4.5 percent)
- Smallest Brightness Variation with Viewing Angle (22 percent)
However, DisplayMate did acknowledge that Samsung had a role to play in manufacturing the display used in the iPhone X, but they add, “But what makes the iPhone X the Best Smartphone Display is the impressive Precision Display Calibration that Apple developed that transforms the OLED hardware into a superbly accurate, high performance, and gorgeous display.”
In related news, if you want to buy the iPhone X
— buy for me too— make sure you invest in a strong phone case because that thing is extremely fragile