What Do You Think About GIF Polls on Facebook?

You know my love for GIFs, right?
So, you can imagine how I felt when I read that Facebook is integrating a new style of polling system on the platform, so unlike the previous text-based polls, you’d get to use GIFs.

The feature has started rolling out to a selected few (TNW was the first to spot it):

And it is located in the extended menu option under the status update field.  Users would be required to choose a voting question, select the GIFs you’d want to use, create a caption for each GIF and also chose how long you’d like to run the poll for.
Now, even though I love GIFs, I doubt if this is enough to make me post regularly on Facebook, but let’s see how this goes.
So, over to you — is this cool enough for you?

12 comments on “What Do You Think About GIF Polls on Facebook?

1. Viklin says:

How I wish I could play with gifs like you do. Thanks for the update… ICL though!

2. fhem says:

Hw can i use GIF in the comments box?

1. Kaybang says:

Let’s take you on your first test drive. I really really really hope you get to read this. First of all, I’m sure you’re using any/every browser that isn’t opera mini (as that browser should be sent back to the fiery chasm from whence it came. It is pure internet browser shitbaggery).
      With that said, let’s roll.
      1) as you are reading this, open a new tab.
      2) in the search bar enter “Caleon fox gif”.
      3) click on ‘view all images’ just below the search results.
      4) look for the specific image where he appears shirtless, wearing a baseball hat (facecap).
      5) good? Now click on that to enlarge the image. Below (bottom right) of enlarged image you’ll see a 3 dot menu.
      6) click on 3 dot menu and select ‘view original image’.
      7) The page loads up with just the image doesn’t it? Now click on the address bar and long press to copy the link. It should end with ‘.gif’*
      8) with that done, now come back to the comment box and long press to paste the link. Then click comment. Easy yeah? 🙂
      *Worthy of note;
      Not all links will end with .gif/.jpg/.PNG etc. They might have other gibberish following it. If you notice that, you’ll have to delete all the nonsense after the .gif/.jpg before you copy & paste.
      Also worthy of note, the limit to post on the site is 3 GIFs/memes. Anything over that & your comment would’ve to be regulated. 🙂
      Well, seems that’s all the help I can give for now. It’s one thing to tell you how to do it (@ least one way of it) & it’s another thing entirely you actually trying to do it. Really hope you read this. And please, please, enjoy expressing yourself with your GIFs/memes.
      Have a great day. 🌞

1. Kenny says:

Like this.
        Now, even though I love GIFs, I doubt if this is enough to make me post regularly on Facebook,(😂😂 I’m not a troll)

2. hussaini says:

It has been explained by kaybang

3. hassan says:

To me i don’t think it is applicable on comment box.

… WELL, I AM HAPPY TO HEAR THIS. THIS MOVE ‘WILL’ MAKE MORE PEOPLE WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN POLLS AS IT WILL BE FUN…

4. Kaybang says:

“Facebook is integrating a new… polling system.., unlike the previous text-based polls, you’d get to use GIFs.”

“Users would be required to choose a voting question, select the GIFs you’d want to use, create a caption for each GIF and also chose how long you’d like to run the poll for.”

5. Kenny says:

Yes I would use this, Facebook has finally drawn me back.

6. hussaini says:

This innovation introduced by Facebook (gif polls) will make people put interest in polls on Facebook. There is no dought about it, love to see more informative article on this Blog

7. hassan says:

I think facebook are just looking for a way to make it app get more fun.and i know people are actually going to do it,so i think other social media app are going to copy from them.love to see more update on this great blog.