This is the First Dual-Screen Smartphone that Actually Looks Good. You Like?

The return of the dual-screen phone didn’t come from a likely suspect, instead, it came from ZTE
Some of us right now:

And others:

ZTE, today, launched the Axon M, a smartphone that has two screens — this is is not the first dual-screen phone to sport this feature, but this is the first dual-screen phone that actually looks good.

The first was the Kyocera echo:

Specifications-wise, you have two 5.2-inch Full HD displays on a hinged design — this would allow you convert it from a compact smartphone to a small tablet of 6.7-inch. Under that, you have a Snapdragon 821 SoC with 4GB of RAM. The device runs Android 7.1.2 Nougat and there is a single 20MP camera onboard that acts as both front-facing and rear camera, It also features dual speakers, a 3.5mm audio jack, and a 3180mAh battery.

What is the point of getting a foldable dual-screen phone like this?
Well, you could open different applications on each display — for example, watch a full-screen video and take notes at the same time. You could also play a game with controls on the bottom and the game on top —like you would on a Nintendo DS.

However, I have my concerns, for one, twice as much screen means twice as much strain on your battery. Let’s also not forget about the fact that this won’t be durable given that the front and back of the device are made of glass, albeit with a Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
As always, I’d love to know what you think about this one —deal or no deal?
By the way, this is only available in the US (for now) on a 30 monthly payments of $24.17.

22 comments on “This is the First Dual-Screen Smartphone that Actually Looks Good. You Like?

… WELL, I AM REALLY SURPRISED THAT ZTE COULD HAVE DONE THIS SO WELL THAT THE AXOM M CAN’T BE CALLED A GIMMICK. SAMSUNG WILL BE TURBO CHARGED NOW TO RELEASE THEIR FOLDABLE PHONE ASAP.
    IMHO, AXON M WILL NOT BE A COMMERCIAL ⚚ SUCCESS…

1. Kaybang 🦇 says:

“ZTE… HAVE DONE… SO WELL… THE AXOM M CAN’T BE CALLED A GIMMICK.”
      “…two 5.2-inch Full HD displays on a hinged design —… would allow you convert it from a… smartphone to a… tablet of 6.7-inch.” “…you could open different applications on each display…”
      Now, that’s a gimmick ☺
      “You could also play a game with controls on the bottom and the game on top…”
      That’s the stupidest, most unflattering feature I’ve heard about in a phone.

2. Kelvin says:

This is the first time I’m seeing such a device. Don’t like it, would look too bulky to handle, plus its looking like a Gameboy, lol..

3. ABBEYONEWORLD says:

Nice specifications except for the power area… It coulda be least 5000mah ba3 cos of the screen……. Others are good…….. After all, wu 2 screen epp?

4. Araoye Gbadebo says:

It’s look good, but not the kind of phone I like. Nothing like having a smartphone with single screen looking smart and easy to hold while using it. This particular device looks more like a gameboy to me and with the dual screen like that, I don’t think the battery will last longer, because the two screen only is a double work for the battery.

5. Justice says:

Hmmmn,,,,I only fall for the part that I can actually multitask simultaneously, well, they tried sha, zte that doesn’t have spare parts if in case something happens. Smh✌

6. tee says:

Anybody can do Foldable ….. The real feat is mak8ng a flexible phone….. Still waiting on that.

7. Mary-Jane M. says:

No deal. The specs are great but a 3180mAh battery to power two screens…nah

8. kenny says:

so $24.17 for a 30month period, that will give $725.1, oh for that price you could get something better. I don’t think it’ll be very comfortable to hold, is it a smartphone or a game? Innovations are great but this looks kinda meh.

9. Kaybang 🦇 says:

It’s sh!t.

10. Rapsowdee says:

Not bad but really bad

It actually looks good, but I have many questions on how, wtf, WTH, what…
    Kudos to ZTE

It’s looking like then Nokia communicator phone but the keyboard part also a screen.

13. Emerson says:

I think 1 screen already does enough to keep us pinned and addicted to our phones. This thing would feel like carrying a stone in your pocket.

14. Pwilliams says:

really?…..Dear ZTE, is this really what you guys need now?

15. Dave says:

Cool device, if you ask me. But just an upgrade of what we have already seen

16. tomiwa says:

Cool idea, seems more like a gimmick

17. calliz says:

miss tech…..am waiting fr ur review on tecno spark plus…no updates from u yet

18. Emecheta Christian says:

This phone looks boring to me, looking like a zombie, living dead lol

19. _edu_andy_ says:

It actually looks good am impressed…kudos ZTE

20. Samsung is busy perfecting their own foldable device when this company has already launched theirs.
    Specs are up-to-date but the battery capacity is a setback