This is an admittedly gushy post about Google. If you can’t take this kind of stuff, run while you still can. If you continue there is something for you at the end of the article.
I personally think that Lagosians spend years of their lives stuck in traffic. Don’t believe me? Do the math—calculate the time you’ve spent in Lagos traffic commuting from your house to your job.
This is why I always try to look for ways to beat traffic—in comes Google Maps. I told a friend that Google Maps is all you need to have your traffic needs met and it’s the truth because I can share STORIEESSSSS of how it has helped me beat the demon that is called traffic in Lagos. The one story that comes to mind happened when I was invited to a tech event at Four Points (I stay on the mainland and I was already running late). Me, whenever I am running late:

To ensure I don’t give Lagos traffic the chance to worsen the situation, I tried to use Google Maps while my driver was hell-bent on using Traffic Radio. You know what they say about two heads?

Traffic Radio said there was a standstill traffic on Third Mainland Bridge while Google Maps recommended that Third Mainland Bridge was the best route to take to Four Points because it had no traffic.

This wasn’t a difficult situation for me because I trusted Google! And true to the recommendation, there was no traffic on Third Mainland Bridge. Mind you, Traffic Radio still insisted on live radio that there was traffic. Long story short, I got to the event in good time, but it could have been worse, I could have been stuck in Eko bridge traffic which Google predicted could last for about 30 minutes.

Now, this was just one example of how Google is so entwined in my everyday life… Is it the same for you?
Google and I are asking for a chance to hear your #MyGoogleStory. Let me know how Google Search or Maps has helped you in any way.

On 18 September, I’ll pick my favorite story and that person will get a Google “Swagger” bag.

It includes:

You can share your story on any of your social media platforms (don’t share it here), but don’t forget to use the hashtag #MyGoogleStory and tag me (Twitter – @MissTechyNG, Instagram – @MissTechy and Facebook – MissTechy very important). Leave me a comment here so I know where to go and look for your story and you can nominate your friends to share their stories too.

39 comments on “#MyGoogleStory: Here Is How You Can Win A Google 'Swagga Hamper' From Me (MissTechy) Courtesy Google Nigeria.

1. Kenny says:

FTC, I actually did that ^ ^. Google map has really helped me, I’ll try the challenge

1. פN∀q⅄∀ʞ ɨֆ ᏰᏗᏖᎷᏗᏁ says:

Please don’t hate me for this.

2. 50 Shades says:

MT hi, I wanna use Twitter. Could I just type it all on a page, screenshot the page, & upload it on Twitter with @MissTechyNG #MyGoogleStory to save the stress of the 140 words limit or should I just go ahead & do it normal Twitter style subtweeting, till I’ve told the whole story?

1. פN∀q⅄∀ʞ ɨֆ ᏰᏗᏖᎷᏗᏁ says:

Incredible for you to share that.

3. Anonymous says:

I am so in….

4. Emecheta Christian says:

Am dropping mine on Instagram, wish me good luck miss techy.

5. Great idea
    When I store my events, my phone starts prompting me to leave home because they have measured the amount of time it takes for me to get to my event.
    As long as it sticks to that, I am fine.

6. Popoola oladimeji says:

Used Google maps like kilodee…used to to find my way to a local meal place in niamey, track my way back to hotel in Pretoria. Plus locating the market in parakou…by the way…I am level 5 local guide…but I don’t know how to write story…#tears

7. Thoby V Ijishakin says:

Wow! I’m thrilled..here’s link to my story misstechy.
    God bless google!

… WELL, GOOGLE IS ALWAYS A BAE. I REMEMBER HOW MY FRIEND WENT TO LAGOS FROM ABUJA AND THEN CALLED ANOTHER FRIEND TO TAKE HIM TO ABẸ́ÒKÚTA ;THE TWO OF THEM NOT KNOWING THE RIGHT ROUTE GOT TO THEIR DESTINATION SAFELY AND BACK THE SAME DAY USING GOOGLE EARTH AND MAPS…

9. Emmanuel Godwin says:

Hello Misstechy, this is the link to my story, it is on Facebook

10. Rosky says:

MissTechy, is there a word limit? I wan write Novel.

1. Chimezie says:

I don’t think there is a word limit.

11. Henry says:

Google map seems quite accurate, but I don’t trust it completely. Your experience was captivating. techviola

1. Kemi Oguntayo says:

When it comes to directions yes. But when it comes to predicting traffic, Google maps is more than accurate.

12. I really trust Google map. Very very accurate.

13. Google map seems quite accurate, but I don’t trust it completely. Your experience was captivating.
    From Gurusfound

14. Your story was really nice , as for me i really don’t rely on Google map , i don’t drive yet . so when i’m stuck in traffic in a cab , i simply zap out and start running till i get to a cleared road and i hop in another cab , life goes on .heheh
    comment from Nueltech.com

15. Emerson says:

Here lemme see, ehh OK. The only thing Google Maps has helped me to do is locate my house while I’m in the house. Other times when I really need it, my battery is either too low or the Telcom just starts their almost daily “witchery” service. I still look forward to using it for sth worthwhile someday but for now I’m sticking to the good ol’ ways of asking and just trusting your instincts.

16. SMS Bomber says:

Thanks Admin For Sharing Great Inforamtional Post Thanks Again 🙂

17. Me says:

Hello Miss Techy, pls go check out my Google story on Twitter @FurtiveGenio and Instagram @wisdom_akali.

18. Me says:

Hello Miss Techy, pls go check out my Google story on Twitter @FurtiveGenio

19. Wisdom says:

It offers satellite imagery, street maps, 360° panoramic views of streets ( FREETUNEZ ), real-time …

20. Genio says:

Hello misstechy. We are eager to know who the winner is.

21. GAYA MERCY says:

#My Goggle Story. Goggle maps are stress free. It honestly saves than one being locked in the dark. As one navigates from one app to another on the internet, one must not be let in the desolate. Goggle map is truely a stress reliever. Thank you. I am Gaya Mercy.

22. Awesome! I am so jealous of you. 🙂
    I agreed with you but I think that was then because currently it seems Google Maps is not giving accurate information in Nigeria anymore. I’m saying this out of experience, the last time I tried the same process you used above, it gives me wrong information. Though I was in Abuja as of then. Safe Milli.