Splash of Colors: Would You Use the New Colored Text Status on WhatsApp?

I might not be active on Facebook, but I still get to see how people use the colorful text-based status feature.

Now, the company has copied and pasted the said feature on Whatsapp. Henceforth, WhatsApp users can write their status update with a colorful background, font, and emoji combination. To use this on iOS, simply, select the new pen icon next to the camera icon. This will bring up the option to type a status, choose a font, emoji, and the background color as well. For Android users, the floating pen icon shows up at the bottom of the Status tab, above the camera icon.

Windows user?

Err. .. This is not for you.

So, is this something you’d use on Whatsapp?

17 comments on “Splash of Colors: Would You Use the New Colored Text Status on WhatsApp?

1. Tee says:

I’m on whatsapp strike😁.. I might when I go back, I don’t even use it on facebook….

1. Yomi says:

Pray tell. What brought about the strike and what messaging app do you use to replace WhatsApp

2. Henry says:

Let me guess. Telegram??? The best messaging app ever.

2. Derek Okoro says:

Nice one …I no longer have to block my camera with my fingers then snap nd type my status😂😂😂😂
    -From the guy who has been asking for ur s7

1. Kenny says:

I did that too LOL. it’s something i’ll use a lot

3. Aunty Tobi… Good morning ma , Aunty Tobi i really need your help… my phone currently hangs alot & it lags really badly.. & it doesn’t responds often when you tap the screen… & i have a blog on word press i can’t seem to run it well with this bad device…& It’s really making me loose interest in blogging cause of my bad phone.. i wish you could help me with any type of phone.. even if it’s an mtn screen torch phone… I just need something i can use in achieving my blogging dreams.. to be one of the best Bloggers just like you, i look up to you greatly.. I know you aren’t rich neither poor, am just a poor boy asking for a favour… if you grant my wishes Aunty.. am going to forever remember this.. & hopefully achieve my dreams & meet up with my work.. like graphics designing also.. & cartooning pics.. please don’t ignore this please.. i beg of you aunty.. please..even thoughu don’t help.. am still going to love you forever & visit your blog as usual.. May God keep blessing you & enriching you… God bless

1. Cirphrank says:

Try sending her an email, not this.

2. Henry says:

Like seriously? Sorry, how come the device you have currently is good to type this long essay but not to blog? Not trying to rain on your parade but there are better ways to go about this.

3. Popoola oladimeji says:

Tobi please help this booda o…

4. NaijaTechGuy says:

Long post though.. Good luck.

4. sadeeq says:

didn’t really use it on fb, but I might actually use in whatapp.

… WELL, I USE THE COLOUR OPTIONS ON FACEBOOK AND WILL DEFINITELY USE IT ON WHATSAPP. BUT WHAT EFFECT WILL THIS HAVE ON OUR DATA?…

6. Alexys says:

Fun feature..I use it often.

7. Steph laws says:

Pls can someone help me, I find it hard to used d bold, n italics on my whatsapp even after updating to new version. but it shows on other phone but not mine even if I’m d one that send it. I’m using a premium android phone. I can’t just get d reason

8. chukwuma okereke says:

Been using it on GB whatsapp

9. Emerson says:

So does this finally make her say yes? I’ll pass.