When was the last time you printed something?

Everything I have printed on paper in the last few years was for a lawyer or a doctor.

If you are an undergraduate in a ‘Nigerian University,’ not long ago, I hope.
Despite the noise about the paperless office, research shows that we’re still far away from it. Now, the CEO of Xerox (Xerox is a major provider of document management technology) revealed why the paperless office is a bit like “utopia.” In his words:

Anybody who talks about the paperless office has never seen my office.
Are paper volumes down, yes, probably down about 4% on an average, but what most people don’t realize, there are 50 trillion pages printed per year and less than 5% of those pages are digital!

You can watch the video below:

Would the paperless office ever get to promise land? Not anytime soon!
Majorly because the transition from paper to digital document management hasn’t solved the issue of content chaos.

16 comments on “Paperless Office? Don't Tell me SHEET: About 50 Trillion Pages Are Still Printed Every Year!

1. I am kind of paperless
    except for the CEO Apprentice Africa brochure on my desk
    …er
    and the little note where I jot all my plans
    …and the newspaper
    …and the numerous schedules printed out so I can remember when to post what.

1. פN∀q⅄∀ʞ ɨֆ ᏰᏗᏖᎷᏗᏁ says:

Notice how all of that has been digitized? Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe there’s an app that can replace all those listed above.

2. GurusFound says:

Nice Post, A Great Blog, Am So Amazed When I Discovered This Blog Is Owned By A Woman.

1. Kay says:

[…] Am So Amazed When I Discovered This Blog Is Owned By A Woman

Wait, what? Why?

1. Martinzdaguru says:

Lol……She’s doing great….. Doesn’t matter

3. OBÁDÁRÀ says:

… WELL, PAPERLESS OFFICE FOR NOW IA STILL FAR AWAY FROM US EVEN THOUGH WE’RE MOVING CLOSE TO IT. FOR NOW, SO MANY THINGS STILL HAS TO BE DONE…

4. OBÁDÁRÀ says:

… WELL, FOR NOW, WE’RE STILL VERY FAR AWAY FROM BEING PAPERLESS. EVEN THOUGH WE ARE MOVING TOWARDS IT, WE STILL HAVE TO PUT SO MANY THINGS IN PLACE…

5. Alexys says:

Another nice one. Keep it up MissTechy. God Bless🙏

6. פN∀q⅄∀ʞ ɨֆ ᏰᏗᏖᎷᏗᏁ says:

“the transition… hasn’t solved the issue of content chaos.” I’m very sure dudes in the 19th century had same problem when transitioning from papyrus & codices to modern paper from wood.
    Paper ‘might’ not disappear completely but it’s gonna get digitized/pixilated 4 sho.
    Anyways,

7. Kelvin says:

What can I say? It’d take a long time before we go paperless.

8. Cirphrank says:

Some traditions revolution just can’t make obsolete.

1. פN∀q⅄∀ʞ ɨֆ ᏰᏗᏖᎷᏗᏁ says:

Mankind moved from this👇
      To this👇
      Who’s to say it won’t eventually move to this👇?
      😊

9. ohh how i hate paper,,will definitely come but we are moving kinda too slow with respect to tech. over here

10. Noni says:

I’m not paperless and highly unlikely to be. While a lot of my job entails sending information by email, aspects of it require us send printed personal information to people. We can’t send many of the documents by secure email because of a size limitation. Most lawyers in my opinion want physical documents for their clients. We could burn them to CD but then it’s password protected and the password is sent separately and USBs aren’t an option as we don’t have them.
    In addition, a lot of it has to do with records management and many companies are terrible at digitising information historically and don’t actually consider it. There is no repository of information that can be referred to and government departments are usually the worse at this.