Nokia Hopes to Beat Apple and Samsung with This!

Meet the Nokia 8!

The flagship device from Nokia that hopes to beat the likes of Apple and Samsung.

Specs-wise, you are getting the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset accompanied with 4GB of RAM, 64GB of onboard storage, a 5.3-inch QHD display with Corning’s Gorilla Glass 5 screen, and a sizeable 3,090mAh battery that supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. They have also partnered with Carl Zeiss to include Carl Zeiss optics in the Nokia 8. With that, you are getting dual 13MP cameras on the back, one which captures in color with OIS, while the other captures in mono.
With the Nokia 8, the company has also introduced a new feature called “Bothie”, which allows users to access the rear and front cameras at the same time. The smartphone also allows users to natively live stream videos from the device to Facebook and YouTube. Finally, the phone comes equipped with three microphones that rely on the acoustic algorithms of OZO to capture audio with immersive 360-degree spatial surround sound.

Price? About €599 (N257,000 approximately)
Now, let’s get talking!
What’s with the bezels and why does it look like the beautiful Nokia 5?

12 comments on “Nokia Hopes to Beat Apple and Samsung with This!

1. Smart says:

Dear Nokia….
    U kn I luv u. But comman do something with d design. We lik fancy dis days, nt jst strong. Thank u

2. Alexys says:

They should just pack their load and go…N257,000 lalayi…S8 is better oh jare

3. Steph laws says:

Nokia is a gooner

4. Derek Okoro says:

What’s with the bezzles naa… People are looking for a way to get rid of bezzles,Nokia are adding…
    How will they even put such battery in a device with this specs…U wan kill am?
    The specs doesn’t match the outrageous price given there also……
    Design wise,It seems they ran out of ideas😑….
    -From the guy who has been begging for ur S7..

5. Emerson says:

Looks like Nokia borrowed design ideas from Sony and why the name ‘Bothie’ makes me swipe to check the site I’m visiting, the phone is Good but where’s the bling and the bells and whistles that’s supposed to make it stand out? 25xK is not so steep considering the competition.

6. Dera says:

Not sure that would ever come to fruition anytime soon. Nokia is just upcoming in the Android world. They’ll have to wait much longer. See more tech stuff at http://www.techsledge.com

7. OBÁDÁRÀ says:

… WELL, SINCERELY, I WAS FIRST OF ALL DISAPPOINTED WITH THE SCREEN SIZE. THE BEZELS- I THINK NOKIA IS FIGHTING HARD TO TAKE THE BEZELS CROWN 👑 FROM crAPPLE. THE CAMERA IS EVEN 2.0 APERTURE SIZE. THE PRICE – I THINK NOKIA ISN’T REALLY READY,I MEAN, CAN’T HMD ADOPT THE ONEPLUS’ STYLE? I’D PICK S8 OVER THIS…

8. Cirphrank says:

I don’t really know but why’s this smelling like dead before arrival?

9. George Jinn says:

too expensive, or are they charging for the flagship chipset in it? Anyway, I think Nokia 5 for me is the device that would make them $$$ this year. And these pictures dont do these Nokia phones enough justice. I saw the Nokia 3 and 5 a few days back, those phones are gorgeous! And they feel very premium (am looking at you Tecno, Infinix & Innjoo…). Seriously gyming my pocket for the 5.

10. surprisingly came to competition …to stay on they gotta do better