Reviews

My Nokia 5 Unboxing: Does the Nokia 5 Have What it Takes to Win You Over?

I made a video review for those who like to see my face:

But for those who don’t,😔 not to worry:

Say hello to the Nokia 5’s package!

Isn’t she lovely?

When it comes to the accessories, there is nothing special going on, you have the Power adapter, the USB 2.0 cable, a pin Ejector and the manuals:

ALL HAIL THE 720P DEVICE:

The Nokia 5 is a 5.2-inch device with top and bottom bezels. In front of the device, you have the corning gorilla glass 3

However, you are getting the HD experience instead of Full-HD, which might be a letdown, but like I said in the video, the Nokia 5 has a colorful display:

As for the buttons and placements, you have a separate tray for your Dual SIM card which supports 4G/LTE:

There is also another tray for the MicroSD card slot which is expandable to 256GB.
On the right side of the device, you have the volume rocker and power button and I love the fact that Nokia paid close attention to details in this regard (I am talking about the silver tapings that further adds to the sleekness of the device).

In front, you have the 8MP front camera and it comes with a wide angled lens and an autofocus feature which is cool considering the price tag.autofocus feature which is cool considering the price tag.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t come with a notification sensor. But other sensors have been included (More on this in my full review):
Naturally, you have the 13MP rear camera at the back of the device, as well as the dual-LED flash.

On top seats the 3.5mm earphone jack. And beneath? You have a USB 2.0 port, the dual speaker grills, and a mic.

Now, one thing I love about the Nokia 5 is the home button, this also serves as a fingerprint sensor, and I love the fact that it is embedded into the display.

By the way, the capacitive buttons also light up

Did I mention that this comes with a unibody body design and an aluminum finish? Also, the device doesn’t come with a removable back or battery.

On the weight side of things, this weighs about 158g and trust me when I say that it feels really good to hold.

So, is this device worth the price tag of N65,000

Considering these specs?

Is it?

I can’t say for now given that it hasn’t been put through a lot of tests, but watch this space for my full review.
So, over to you, do you like what you see? Plus, would you choose a Tecno device (The Camon CX, for example) or an Infinix device over this?

19 comments on “My Nokia 5 Unboxing: Does the Nokia 5 Have What it Takes to Win You Over?

… WELL, THERE’S NOTHING SPECIAL IN THE PACKAGING,BUT I LIKE THE FACT THAT THERE’S A SEPARATE SD CARD SLOT AND THE UNIBODY DESIGN IS FLUENT TOO.
    FOR THE PRICE TAG, I AM NOT IN TECH-CONSONANCE WITH THAT. I CAN PICK A NOTE 4 OVET THIS, BUT YOU KNOW, THE DIFFERENCE WIL ALWAYS BE CLEAR…

2. Smart says:

I thought it had finger print censor.
    So nt buying. Wen xiaomi redmi note 4 is that price with better specs.

1. Steve says:

It definitely has a front mounted fingerprint scanner

3. Norman says:

I think u made a mistake, its not using an SD 830 but rather the SD430

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

Thank you for pointing that out Norman, it has been corrected.

4. prime says:

its snapdragon 430 not 830. personally ill take this over an infinix or techno anyday. wish I could buy it just for keeeps

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

Sorry about that, it’s been corrected, the lack of sleep came into play

5. I hate the gorilla glass
    It reduces the quality of the image.
    I bought one of their phone with Gorilla glass, I didn’t like it.
    I think they should use that transparent cover like others

1. I.K says:

Comment Text*That’s very wrong, Gorilla glass does not reduce the quality of the image, at all, not even a little bit.

6. jando says:

Depending on the type of teno cx if it’s the manchester limited I go with it but if it’s the infinix note 4 pro also go for it

7. Rapsowdee says:

A friend of mine got it…
    I had a hands-on opportunity and I tell you……
    THE PHONE IS AWESOME !!!!!

8. Molokwu Victor says:

Had it in my hands at finet, truly it felt good and very premium

9. George Jinn says:

i think this device is sitting pretty when it comes to its competition. Its not cheap for sure, but 1 thing that would make me take this over the more premium offerings of TECNO and Infinix is the overall quality that this baby has been engineered with. And am sure subsequent updates would be pushed to this device faster than on both TECNO and Infinix; all in all 65K this not too much. Am so getting this next week.

10. 5Realms says:

Unboxing The Infinix Note 4 Pro
    Hello guys and hello MissTechy.
    I did an unboxing video of the Pro.
    I was too excited, please forgive my armaturity; would definitely do better in subsequent videos.

11. 5Realms says:

Unboxing The Infinix Note 4 Pro

12. Kanyi says:

Great comeback for Nokia.

13. p-williams says:

the simplicity of Nokia phones is what i like most

14. Dennis Angelo says:

“trust me when I say that it feels really good to hold” I agree with you, pictures dont do justice to just how good the new nokia phones feel in the hand especially the smoothness of the screen, I held both the n3 and the n5 and they are awesome and I also liked the autofocus front facing camera

15. Araoye Gbadebo says:

This device is not bad at all, I like everything about it. 65k is not bad for a phone brand like Nokia, as we all know the quality they can bring to the table.