Which of These Automated Customer Care Phrases Do You Hate the Most?

God knows I dread making a call to my hosting company.
To worsen the situation there are certain phrases I hear when dealing with some of these customer care services that are guaranteed to leave me feeling sour. And, I don’t think I’m alone. Here are the best few ones that came to mind:

1. “We record calls for security and training purposes.”

However, when you try to follow up on a previous complaint they claim they have no record of it.

2. Your call is important to us.

No, it isn’t, somebody would have picked up the phone twenty minutes ago if it was.
I get you are busy, but stop making the poor bots lie!

3. Sorry about the wait.
Most definitely the people saying it aren’t sorry.

4. Dear customerall our representatives are busy attending to other customers.

If so, why not implement a call-back solution so I don’t continue to waste time waiting on hold?

5. Then there is this un-automated one:

Me:

What else have you heard on the phone with customer services and which one of these do you hate the most?

17 comments on “Which of These Automated Customer Care Phrases Do You Hate the Most?

1. Goody says:

The one that annoys me most is when i complain to them, they say ‘Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you’

1. Kaybang® DANANANA BATMAN!™ says:

You people want us to beg you to stop using this GIF. 😹😹

2. Rapsowdee says:

“Please kindly wait while i do a scan on your account”
    Nonsense

1. Another One says:

LMAO 😅😅🤣

3. Kelvin says:

There 50 so so so.. Please hold.

4. Kaybang® DANANANA BATMAN!™ says:

5. Hey, Tobi, I hear you talking about your hosting company.
    What’s up? I suspected something was wrong when I wasn’t able to load some of your blog pages recently, (most especially today).
    Hope things are cool?
    Your memes got me laughing… Customers care and their serenre…
    They will be making yanga like PeaCock. (hehe)
    While they’re busy doing shakara, me I’ll kukuma be singing my favourite jam.. “Baba God pick up the call”. Cos nah God call sure pass.
    After keeping me on hold for a like 15 minutes They’d be like “Our representatives are busy at the moment”.. Busy doing what exactly?? That 15 minutes that I could have used to fry beans. Lol.
    Just today, Airtel customer care called me almost 5 times, isn’t that waste of time and recharge card? I know it’s them that make the recharge cards, so must they comman be wasting it?? Can’t they dash me some so I can hold my side?
    The time they should use in picking other people’s call, they will be using it to all busy Customers
    For me, the one I hate most is when they prophetically tell me “YOUR ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVE” BUT IT WILL TAKE 24 HOURS.
    I could remember the straight 4 days, I called customer care to resolve an issue. They kept posting me like babe and telling me it would be resolved in 24 hours.
    When it comes to Customer care and their problems, my friend is their match. He could just wake up, call customer care and shout at them.
    Sounds harsh bha?? Lol.. It’s part of the Warri boys doing.
    There was this time he called Airtel and told them he doesn’t like their Ambassador – Apkororo. Lol.. based on logistics nah.
    (hehe) I retire here, TechPanda, all they way from the oil city of Warri. (Nah we get am, lol)

1. Oga Kay!
        Me, I Dey Fear Your Doings Oh.
        You’ve Indeed Doubled My Ginger @ Techviews

1. Kay says:

Phil!
          Abeg no fear anything o.

1. Hehe…
            Let’s talk on Fb nah..

1. Samm says:

😰😰😰😰😰

6. p-Williams says:

lolz…..no mind them, they only know how to collect our money!

7. Adeshola says:

What’s worse is when they combine all those phrases at once:
    Them: Please wait while your call is forwarded to a call representative
    me: oya do sharp
    Them: Please note that your call may be recorded for security reasons
    me: no wahala. record it.
    Them: Your call is very important
    me: K! Forward me already
    Them: Thank you for choosing us.
    me: aye mi.. Thank me when you redirect me

… WELL, WHAT I HATE MOST “DEAR CUSTOMER, ALL OF OUR CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVES ARE BUSY, PLEASE…” AFTER MINUTES OF CALL.
    AND THE ONE I HATE HEARING WHEN I CALL IS “THE APPLICATION FOR WHAT YOU’RE REQUESTING IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THE MOMENT”…