Watch Tech Videos

Here Are Ways You Can Spot a Fake Huawei Device in Nigeria.

If you were to ask me 2 weeks ago, I’d probably tell you that the number of fake Huawei devices in Nigeria wouldn’t be so high, but the truth is, we have so many fake Huawei devices in the market today, devices that can cause a lot of havoc.

I bought one – the Huawei Mate 9 so I can show you ways you can identify a fake Huawei device.

Do watch the video and also let me know if you have ever bought a fake device.

15 comments on “Here Are Ways You Can Spot a Fake Huawei Device in Nigeria.

1. Abdul Abdul says:

Counterfeits everywhere….remember when I bought two infinix hot 2, one for myself and the other for my sis ..her own was a fake but she never knew and I also didn’t bother checking…but later discovered when hers didn’t have the android one ,the camera section different,the menu was a KitKat version etc

2. Kemi Oguntayo says:

just watched the video and I cant beliece that a colleague of mine is using a fake huawei G9 PLUS . I HAVE TO SHOW HIM THIS VIDEO BEFORE THE PHONE DOES SOME DAMAGE..Na wetin we no go see for Nigeria

3. Cracker says:

😂 The rate of fake products in Nigeria might soon chase us out 😂.
    It’s difficult to find original trusted products in Nigeria nowadays.

4. Stiiz says:

If I were to walk into a store to buy the fake version of this phone (unknowingly) without even watching this video prior, I’d have known it was counterfeit from the lack of boot animation, the bulkiness (why are most fake devices always heavier?) & the pure/stock Android OS. Huawei can’t manufacture any phone without their custom UI

1. Laide says:

First off… you would have bought the device already before you can even get to see the boot animation. I feel removing the lid to see the bezel she talked about in the vide helps also

5. Emerson says:

In a country where you have a fake president… , what more could you expect?

6. Pozaa says:

I’m not surprised. There are a lot of fake phones in the Nigerian market. Even iPhone has its clone.

7. Kaybang® DANANANA BATMAN!™ says:

Feels like I just watched something from BBC CLICK. Only thing missing in the video was an animated “BREAKING NEWS!”/“THIS JUST IN!!” title card. Woulda been very appropriate.
    Very detailed comparisons. But what about the boxing​/carton/packaging? Does the fake come with the same boxing as the original? Cus I feel for every fake phone I’ve seen, that’s ​always been my “eureka” moment in spotting their bullsh*t. Who’s with me?

1. Laide says:

I am with you on this.

1. Lanre Akogun says:

Many reasons why she didn’t include that. Maybe she got the original first and the package isn’t in the right condition again

1. Kaybang® DANANANA BATMAN!™ says:

I can live with that 😃.
          And like it’s said in the video, the name of the phone should also give it away that you’re buying Chinese fuckery.

1. Chimezie says:

You are saying that because you know. There are many people In Nigeria that don’t know about these things. trust me.

2. Kaybang® DANANANA BATMAN!™ says:

I understand bro. Which is why i asked about it. I feel being able to distinguish between the boxing is always the first line of defense against buying Chinese fuckery 😃

8. etz zhrael says:

Tobi dash me d fake one u bought, shebi u wont be needing it again..

9. Anonymous says:

Purchase your devices from reputable stores, not road side “phone shop”. Good stores look out for quality to maintain their business.