#DeadAndGone: ExtraTorrent Permanently Shuts Down.

#NowPlaying T.I’s Dead and gone because that is exactly what has happened to Extratorrent, the world’s second largest torrent index. People who visit the site today will be greeted with this message:

TorrentFreak reached out to ExtraTorrent operator SaM who confirmed that this is indeed the end of the road for the site.
“It’s time we say goodbye,” he said, without providing more details.
In my opinion, this indicates that it was done voluntarily and the funny thing is, there have been multiple volunteer shutdowns of similar sites in the past weeks. No information is ever revealed as to why they decided to shut down, just that it was voluntary. Now, I am going to assume that somebody is putting a lot of pressure on these people and they’re doing it to avoid criminal charges.
It is also time we face the truth:
The days of easy pirating are numbered. It’s being attacked on all fronts, and the money is there to keep the war going for as long as it takes, so enjoy it while it lasts. Eventually, it will become so difficult, and so legally dangerous that most people will just give up.
RIP Extratorrent.
#ChangesSongTo: End of the road by Boys 2 men.

10 comments on “#DeadAndGone: ExtraTorrent Permanently Shuts Down.

1. Kay says:

thepiratebay should better hold on until I have enough money to be renewing my apple music, hbo, spotify (CA), Netflix, Hulu, [help me add more services] accounts on a biannual basis.
    Otherwise …

1. Kaybang® DANANANA BATMAN!™ says:

Bro..😖😖

2. Kemi Oguntayo says:

What is this I am reading?

I should have listened to my inner voice when it told me to download Beauty and the beast and Fast and furious from Extratorrent.
    Please, say it isn’t so>?

1. Kaybang® DANANANA BATMAN!™ says:

The sites keep closing down left right and center.

I dont think torrent sites would ever stop existing, when one falls, another is rising somewhere.
    We’re not even bothered about the malwares. Lol

1. Chuksteric says:

Very true

4. Codecjay says:

I can see
    Apart from being a Tech enthusiast, you love music too.
    So bad extratorrent had to go the way it did. Sure, a handful of other torrent sites will crop up soon.
    Here is the real reason why extratorrent had to go –

… WELL, *RiP* IS THE ONLY THING I WISH TO SAY…

6. Ibawon says:

Blood of God! I have over 500 movies on my Hard drive all, I repeat all are from Extratorrent.to
    When I realized they started changing domain from .to – .cc- .one then I knew they where hiding from something.
    Every one at work then used to be like,
    “IB na which one you don download?”
    Lol, the days of free WiFi
    God knows you will be missed

7. Ibawon says:

Every one at work then used to be like,
    “IB na which one you don download?”
    Lol, the days of free WiFi
    God knows you will be missed
    PS use http://www.btsone.cc you won’t regret it