Reviews

The successor to the Infinix Hot S is finally here, guys! (If you follow me on Snapchat — MissTechy— you would have caught all the drama). However, this time around, we get two variants — the Infinix S2 and the S2 Pro. The major difference? Well, you get a 2GB of RAM and 16GB storage on the S2 while the S2 Pro comes with 3GB of RAM and 32GB storage. I have the Infinix S2 Pro with me — blue color variant —and I am here to answer all the questions you might have with regards to the design elements.
In the meantime, check out the full specifications.
[table id=29 /]

INFINIX HOT S2 PRO UNBOXING

What is inside the box?

How about we start with what is outside the box, yeah?

You get a colorful medium spring-green pack

However, the S2 Pro has the PRO tag on the right side of the pack:

When you open the lid, you get to see the Infinix S2 Pro

And immediately, you start to think this way:

That is because it does bear a resemblance to the Infinix Hot S.
Moving forward, the only unique things I noticed with the accessories are the Pin ejector

And the addition of a screen guard.

All other accessories remain the same.

SAY HI TO THE INFINIX HOT S2 PRO IN ALL ITS 360-DEGREE GLORY

As always, you can use your fingers to zoom and pause the rotation.

HOLDING THE DEVICE

The device comes with a 5.2 HD screen (Yes, HD, which is a downgrade from the FHD on the Hot S)

However, unlike the Hot S, the Infinix S2 Pro comes with a 2.5D glass

I had no qualms holding the device in the hand because it fits perfectly with the size of my hand.

It is also slim:

Although, I think the Hot S is slimmer.

BUTTONS AND PLACEMENTS

When it comes to buttons, you have nothing new, there is the 3.5mm earphone jack on top

MicroUSB port along with the speaker grills placed beneath the device

You have the power button and the SIM card slot on the right side.

By the way, the Infinix Hot S2 Pro just like the Hot S comes with a hybrid SIM — so, you have spaces for two SIM cards or one SIM and one MicroSD card, expandable to 128GB.

I couldn’t resist:

On the left side, you have your volume buttons.
Moving to the back of the device, you get to see the 13MP 135 wide angle camera. Beneath that is the dual flash light and the fingerprint sensor.

I love the lines at the back of the device because it gives off this premium look.

In front of the device seats the dual front camera —8MP + 13MP— along with a front flash, there is also the notification sensor.

Finally, you have the physical buttons which further takes up the screen space.

ALL THAT BEZELS.

As stated initially, the Infinix S2 Pro comes with physical buttons that further take up the screen space.

Apart from that, you’d also notice that there are bezels at the top, left and right sides of the device.

THAT CAMERA BUMP OF LIFE

Yes, there is a slight camera bump.

But it’s barely noticeable, especially when placed on a flat surface.

HOW HEAVY IS IT?

The Infinix Hot S2 Pro is slightly heavier than the Hot S, coming in at 149g as opposed to the 140g on the Hot S. But it doesn’t feel heavy in the slightest.

THE COLORS

I got the blue color variant of the Hot S2 Pro.

By the way, this is my first blue smartphone, so I am feeling this way at the moment:
However, you also have black, sunset pink and the champagne gold  color variants.

GIF CONCLUSIONS:

The Infinix Hot S2 Pro design reminds me of this song by R-Kelly ft Usher — Same girl.

Asides from the dual cameras in front and the camera/flashlight placements at the back, I can’t help but feel that I have seen the device before. So as far as the phone design is concerned, the Infinix Hot S2 Pro won’t get a high score in my books, but how would it fare when it comes to its camera, performance, and the “Welfie?”
You’d have to find out in the full review. Don’t forget to tell me what you’d like to see.
P.S.: This can be considered as a spoiler, but the Infinix Hot S2 pro doesn’t support Glo’s 4G LTE. A Bummer?
Update: The Infinix S2 is sold for N58,000, not sure of the S2 Pro

29 comments on “The Infinix S2 Pro Unboxing: All About The 'Welfie,' Plus 360-degree View Included

… WE FOUND IT REALLY HARD TO COMMENT ON THIS POST AS AND WHEN PUBLISHED. WHAT WAS WRONG?…

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

I mistakenly disabled public comment on the post. I don’t know what I was thinking at that point.

… WELL, THAT MAY BE NOTHING UNUSUAL. SOMETIMES, WE HUMANS DO STUFFS WE CAN’T JUST FIND AN A GROUND EXPLANATION FOR…

1. Yomi says:

I was wondering why I couldn’t comment on this post.
    meanwhile spot on mt. this device just looks bland and the same. Infinix needs to change their design team. the only thing that can redeem this device is it the camera beats the Camon cx. so mt you know what to do now. based on logistics

1. Chuksteric says:

I doubt if it would beat the camon cx camera.. . The cx uses a better processor and has a better clock speed… It’s fhd too .. What’s the price Misstechy?

1. Avicky says:

This is not in the class of camon cx at all. Igimu ji na sórí.
        I think it’s about 60k.

2. Kemi Oguntayo says:

yawns
    The difference between the hot s and the s2 pro is minimal. I am actually not impressed

1. Kay says:

For me, there is no difference at all!
      In fact it’s a f***ing downgrade!
      I have practically no use for the front facing cameras. and the downgrade from FHD to HD? … way to go Infinix! Way to go!
      🙁

3. Avicky says:

I had challenges commenting on the topic.
    Anyway, infinix hot s pro is same old, same old. If it was tecno product, one won’t hear word. Same old specs 2gb/16gb rom, hybrid sim, Marshmallow when android 8.0 is almost here and I learnt the pro won’t be released to Nigeria. I don’t know how true that is.

4. Adeniji Micheal says:

Nice Device… @MissTechy Pls Use it for the giveaway..

I didn’t see the much need for the dual front camera on this particular phone, and that’s the difference the S2 made with the previous S.
    But it’s quite affordable, than the CX people are comparing it with.

6. Pwilliams says:

I guess we’ve got to accept the fact that dual front camera has come to stay

… WELL, I WOULDN’T KNOW WHAT SOME OF THESE OEMS SMOKE SOMETIMES, IT MUST DEFINITELY BE NIGERIAN TÁBÀ! HOW CAN YOU MAKE THE PRO VERSION OF A PHONE HALF HD WHILE THE REGULAR VERSION IS FULL HD?
    ANYWAYS, THE NEW S SERIES IS AN ADVANCEMENT OVER THE HOT S, BUT IS IT REALLY?…

8. Techgasm247 says:

Looks a lot like the Tecno Boom J8, only thicker. Cool for the price tho
    Techgasm247.com

9. Techgasm247 says:

Looks a lot like the Tecno Boom J8, only thicker. Cool for the price tho.
    Commenting from http://www.techgasm247.com

10. Sh*t, the S2 looks sleeker than I had thought.

11. @Adedamsy says:

Miss techy….U need to take a screenshot of infinix hot s n check d details of the screen Resolution which u claimed it has a FHD…fory own….Both hot s,s2 n s2 pro all have d same screen Resolution of HD…1280*720.

12. syrakudz says:

Hey miss. the phone get notification light?

13. Dharmie says:

Plz hw much is infinix S presently

14. syrakudz says:

misstechy why u nor dey reply na.

15. Ademola says:

Am using the S2pro, I got it 2weeks ago from SLOT in Lagos. I love the smartphone, it has all the features I needed in any smartphone. I need someone to assist on what to do to enable me get notifications from my emails. I had set up the settings but still not getting the notification. Please kind assist.

16. techlover says:

You’re always mouthed with the way you review mobile phones in Nigeria and we always like to pitch you from our technology hub https://www.techpally.com , the hottest hub for computer, programming, gadget reviews and tech applications to solving life problem, increase productivity and living a conscious and fulfilled life.

17. Anonymous says:

My front camera doesn’t flash….. Pls help

18. Boluwatiwi says:

Saw a lot of s2pros with Android 7.0 preloaded
    Plus the s2pro has a glossy 2dglass that kinda enhances the HD display
    The one true bummer on the phone for me are the bezels

19. lionspirit says:

I wouldn’t advice even my enemies to buy the infinix s2pro it’s a useless phone total waste of hard earned money, I bought mine at Genuss in Ikeja Lagos on Oct 5 2017 and after one week it developed earpiece problems (unbelievable!!! a brand new phone of 54k) I took it back and they took it 4 repairs and I was without the phone for two weeks after I only used it 4 a week and they reset the phone wiping all my contacts and messages it was a traumatic experience my business has still not recovered due to the contact loss
    I also discovered that you can’t zoom in on pictures to see intricate details
    I regret the day I opted 4 infinix and am never buying their phones ever again
    the s2pro is a total waste of cash

20. Bello says:

As for me, that phone is one of the best you will ever get…for its price. 3gb ram? 32gb ROM? 13+8 mp cameras in front and 13 at the back? And yes it shoots magnificent shots…A friend of mine has it and it took her selfie game to another galaxy. Its pretty cute and almost bezeless….the only down part I see here is the resolution but hey…its a small phone…not like Its a 6.0 inch phone or something. Tecno camon cx beats this phone yes…in camera usage and display built design (arguable)…but after that…what about app usage? Or space? You are not taking selfies 24/7 are you? You don’t also buy a phone just to stare at its beauty or sharpness except you’re a nerd or a weirdo (lol)
    All in all…this phone is good and I have zero problem with it.
    If you want to buy it please do. Don’t listen to some of the people here.

21. youngNichol says:

I see you don’t monetize your website, but you can earn extra bucks every day.
    It’s very easy even for noobs, if you are interested
    simply search in gooogle: pandatsor’s tools

22. What’s up, after reading this awesome paragraph i am also
    happy to share my familiarity here with mates.