Ad
Tech Gist

So, This Happened to an iPhone 7 Plus.

Just when you thought you’ve heard the last of exploding smartphones—this happens!

 
According to a Twitter user— Brianna Olivas—her rose gold iPhone 7 Plus caught fire while sitting on a dresser. Here is the video below, which has garnered more than 22,000 retweets.

The video shows smoke pouring out of one side of the iPhone and the case melting away.
Apparently, the phone developed a fault — it wouldn’t turn on— but she visited the Apple store to get it fixed. According to her, the Sprint employee said her phone “looked weird when it turned on,” but they ran some tests and told her everything was fine.
The next morning she discovered it wasn’t.
Meanwhile, Apple has replaced her phone and are currently running tests to figure out what went wrong.
Image Source: Brianna Olivas
H/T: Gizmodo.

Ad

7 comments on “So, This Happened to an iPhone 7 Plus.

  1. Osakwe tochukwu says:

    Ďidnt they yab note 7 for battery fire incident…well the saying people who live in glass house shouldn’t throw stones is still valid.

    1. Titi says:

      Please this just one out of one billion phones. you Android fans should take a hike.

  2. pWilliams says:

    I always knew that one day it would be their turn

  3. KingAbsolute says:

    Apple fan boys will say its video-shopped. But the main thing is that there is a problem somewhere. Curbing and preventing it in the future should be their priority.

  4. ỌBÁDÁRÀ says:

    …WELL,APPLE FANS WILL BE LIKE,ITS NOT REAL,BUT THANK GOD THE USER WASN’T HURT. SAMSUNG IS NOT THE ONLY PHONE THAT CAN CATCH FIRE…

  5. Rotimi popoola says:

    With the way all these phones dey blow up sef…. Nawaa

  6. Nwogu Chimex says:

    Na wah oo.. So. Someone cannot buy phone in peace again??
    http://beuponme.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Scroll to top