Tech Poll

In an interview with the BBC to promote his new movie, Fences, Denzel Washington tried to address the effect of “Fake news.” Washington rejected a call to claim that “fake news” was a major problem, saying that the problem is actually “Information overload.” You can watch the interview below:

What really struck me, however, was this statement:
“People have to understand: Are you using your device or is your device using you, can you put it down, can you turn it off?
Your answer?

16 comments on “Question of the Day from Denzel Washington: Are You Using Your Device or Is Your Device Using You?

1. Lanre Akogun says:

Deep!!
    Answer: my phone is definitely using me

1. Kemi Oguntayo says:

Don’t let your Nigerian mum read this statement before she takes you for deliverance.
      For me Id like to say it’s a 50-50 thing. I am using my device and my device is using me.
      So, we are both using each other.
      Case closed.

1. Laide says:

Was thinking about this before I saw your answer and I think I agree with you Kemi.
        We use each other.

2. Kaybang says:

“It used to be news now it’s opin-news. Oh 👓, we have three experts on the 👈 three on the 👉 let’s discuss.
    Oh 💡 bulbs, we have 3 experts… That’s not news, that’s opin-news. Over and over and over. Cycle cycle cycle. Etc..” damn..
    What’s the long term effect of too much information?
    I think It’s called “dumbing-down”.

3. Rotimi Popoola says:

We re both using each other true… So so true nice one Misstechy

4. Lol…Sometimes my phone uses me and in most times, I control the device cause am the owner. You know such things happens whenever I intend achieving something spectacular as a tech savvy, See interesting things that take my time mostly whenever am using my device @MissTechy. You got a nice site, keep it up.

… WELL, AM USING MY PHONE AND AM USING IT WELL…

6. pWilliams says:

the truth be told….I think mine is 50-50

7. Adeniji Micheal says:

I use mine more so my rating is 60% to 40%

8. Presh says:

Who knows how to solve “can not be downloaded at this time” problem on iPhone, I need an answer please

9. Adeniji Micheal says:

BlackBerry Os ? Dead and buried

10. Henry says:

Partially oo.. but I take total control over my device most times.
    Nokia 6 android phone unboxing and hands on images

11. iHarrie says:

Umm mine isn’t using me, and I use it with a fair degree of respect.. She didn’t say whether she’s being used her device or not, and by her I mean yours truly..
    #JustSaying
    Cherrio.

I can’t turn off my phone, because I need it to use it.
    Yes, read it again, I use my phone not the other way round.
    I know what Denzel meant though, some are slave to their phones.

13. Ristechy says:

I am using my phone, because that’s what I use in making money online, but still you have to be on the phone always.
    Visit my blog blog to see how I make money with it daily…
    Ristechy