Still Using Windows 7? Microsoft Says You Are 'Facing Enormous Dangers.'

Like we needed a reminder.

Personally, I think the Windows 7 OS has the best of both worlds, the old school traditional Windows feel, and the perfect amount of cutting edge. Plus, it’s one of the most stable and secure OS versions from Microsoft. Which is why I understand the reason(s) for sticking with it. Microsoft doesn’t, though (As expected).

According to them, Windows 7 has an outdated security that will no longer be able to keep up with today’s increased security requirements. In their own words:

“Windows 7 slowly becomes old. It does not meet the requirements of today’s modern technology, nor the high security requirements of IT departments. We learned from Windows XP that companies should take early steps to avoid future risks or costs.”

“Companies and users who won’t upgrade from Windows 7 within the next three years are facing enormous dangers.”

Would this convince a Windows 7 user to upgrade, especially when you take into account that most of those sticking with this version previously refused a free upgrade offer? I doubt, but I do think they should give Windows 10 a chance.

14 comments on “Still Using Windows 7? Microsoft Says You Are 'Facing Enormous Dangers.'

Win7, best window version ever, after trying out various windows, I still use win7. Would’ve been using win8 if not of its hanging issues though.

2. runzlord says:

i still see no reason why anyone would use win 7 above win 10. cant use windows 7 even in my dreams

1. Lanre Akogun says:

To each his own. I use a macbook , but prior to my switch, I hated anything windows 10 and didn’t see any reasons to upgrade from windows 7. Like tobi pointed out, it offers you the best of both worlds, Windows 10 continued the windows 8 legacy which is whack

… WELL, I AM NOT USING IT AND AM EVEN TIRED OF THE WINDOWS 8.1 ON MY TECNO WINPAD 10. I REALLY WANT WINDOWS 10. IF I CAN JUST A 2 IN 1 TAB WITH WINDOWS 10 NOW, I WILL BE SO HAPPY…

4. Abdulsalam says:

I really love Windows 10, I’ve use it for some weeks but Windows 7 still loves me 😊

5. Yomi says:

Then maybe microsoft should fix windows 10 so that it minds it’s own business. No one in their right mind who actually reads the EULA on that thing would accept it.
    And while I’m speechifying about privacy, when are computer manufacturers going to add hard off switches for the built in cameras and microphones? How hard can that be? Who wants a camera and microphone that anyone can use to spy on them in their homes? I shouldn’t have to destroy the built in microphone to assure my privacy or use tape to cover the camera

6. Kemi Oguntayo says:

Just what are these security improvements and how do they say eliminate the need for an antivirus software or any other kind of external protection. 7 is user friendly whereas everything I have heard about 10 is terrible in that aspect. I am tired of MS shoving new UI in my offlice laptop every couple of years. If it works don’t fix, or rather, fix but do not redesign.

7. Rotimi popoola says:

Windows 7 is the perfect one oh i dont see any good thing but bugs about the windows 10 infact they got a whole lot to do in Windows 10

8. Darmie Payne says:

I have used windows 10 for 8 months now and i love it.. http://www.trafficator.ng

9. pWilliams says:

It’s their business…. Not mine

10. Emmy CN says:

Good old windows 7. . . I like what Microsoft did with Windows 9 tho. . . Cool stuff

1. Yomi says:

The windows 9.that is only exclusive to your village, abi? I like it too

2. Ige Ebima says:

Your case is beyond Human comprehension

11. Ige Ebima says:

Windows 7 to meis the best Windows ever ,8 na wack ,but 10 ? am loving it like i loved 7