Nigeria: Internet Users Drop to 92.4m in November.

According to the latest data from NCC, the number of Internet subscribers in Nigeria has reduced to 92,416,378 in November (This is contrary to the 94.4m reported on several news platforms).
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The data also showed that GSM service providers lost 759,683 internet users in November.
As for the operators, MTN still leads with 32,017,779 subscribers, they lost 447,000 subscribers.
Globacom lost 62,600 subscribers, while Etisalat had the highest number of losses recorded, about 561,485 subscribers.

Airtel was the only operator that recorded an increase in its subscriber base in November (Added 311,463 users).

Meanwhile, CDMA operators — Multi-Links and Visafone had a joint total of 30,309 Internet users in November.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
P.S. Multi-Links only had 4 Internet subscribers in November.
Image Source: Screenshot via NCC.

11 comments on “Nigeria: Internet Users Drop to 92.4m in November.

1. Kaybang says:

“Multi-Links only had 4 Internet subscribers in November.” ????????
    Life must be really hard in that part of the world.

1. Yomi says:

??? That is the only part that made me laugh so hard this early morning. Plus are they still in existence?

1. Kaybang says:

?? I tire oh!! Multilinks that we all thought was dead and gone. I think I had my first broadband IP experience with them after we were going through cellular hell with NITEL’S wired Ethernet back in the day.

2. Internet users will increase rapidly when MMM comes back!
    Hmm… The figures are huge Sha! :0

… WELL, AM NOT HAPPY FOR THE DROP IN NUMBER, BUT AM ALSO HAPPY MY BELOVED NETWORK, AIRTEL ADDED MORE SUBSCRIBERS.
    MULTILINKS! JÉSÙ! ITS RIDICULOUS! IF AM WORKING WITH THEM, I WILL BE SO FRUSTRATED BY NOW BECAUSE I HATE IT WHEN WHERE AND WHAT I BELONG TO DOESN’T PERFORM WELL….

4. Pozaa says:

Blame Glo?

1. lol. when their network is regional and went from bad to worse. Sure as hell, we are going to blame them.

5. titi says:

I wonder why people are still using MTN.

1. Kaybang says:

I wonder why I’m still using them myself. I just don’t want to buy new SIM. I have Airtel. Is it any better???

6. pWilliams says:

hahahahaha….multi links….I thought they’ve moved

7. Darmie Payne says:

Recession is the cause and people also use hotspots more now.lol http://www.trafficator.ng