I am sure some of you who visited MissTechy yesterday are wondering where the posts and comments uploaded yesterday disappeared to. Well, server crash happened and I didn’t back up my data!

Before you crucify me for disobeying an important tech commandment.

0681bf365937ccb844f7e511841a674f

It would interest you to note that I have a weekly backup plan on MissTechy that usually ends on Monday, this is the only reason I still have something to fall back on

Imagine if I didn’t have them?

tumblr_mbg6zdDXqy1r79k9c

Now, even if you don’t have a website, the important data on your phone, laptop(s) need regular backups. In short, back them up now! You never can tell what could happen in the next minute!

Earlier, I used to take weekly backups, but after this incident, daily backup it is!

What then happens to yesterday’s work? Hopefully, my host does something to restore all the data that was lost, if not I am suing their ass!

i-will-not-take-it

Lol, just kidding.

10 comments on “The Importance of Regular Backups: How I Lost Some of My Website's Data Yesterday.

I’ve lost a lot of important data because of lack of backup, I learnt from these but still have problem backing up regularly.
    Guess I have to learn more from yours. Lucky you.

2. Rotimi popoola says:

Misstechy so sorry for the loss of ur data…… Is that the reason why when i click on a post its always reloading instead of opening?

3. What do you use for backups?

4. Cypher says:

I have lost data that way before but now with twrp recovery I can back up my apps chats and my systems state … Its really a life saver ….I could even get another of my current device and. Restore my data there

5. pWilliams says:

hmmmm… couldn’t remember the last time I backed up…..am gonna start backing up regularly from now on…. thanks MT…I pray you recover your lost data

6. victor Molokwu says:

A very important law” Thou shall make backups” always, this reminds me of when nairaland lost about 2months + of data….it was crazy.

7. Adeniji Micheal says:

I always backup all my stuff, especially the very important ones just in case something funny happens.

8. Bodexowen says:

Sorry. I know the pain

9. Kelvin says:

I can relate.
    My BB crashed just last night, and I had to format it !! The pain !! Arghhh !!
    I hate BB walahi..

… WELL, BACKING UP DATA IS LIKE PHOTOCOPYING IT IN ANOTHER PLACE. ITS YOUR INSURANCE PACKAGE TO AVOID UNNECESSARY LOSS AND SPENDING. I HAVE SUFFERED FROM THE SAME MENACE ALMOST 4 TIMES WITHIN THE LAST TWO MONTHS. ALTHOUGH, I BROUGHT THAT ON MYSELF DELIBERATELY BECAUSE I WANT TO KNOW HOW I CAN COPE INCASE OF THE REAL EVENT…