Everyone knows that Android Phones are not as secure as the iPhone, but it’s a different ball game when you claim it is — Google’s Security chief was quoted saying:
“For almost all threat models [the Pixels and iPhone] are nearly identical in terms of their platform-level capabilities.
A good one for the Pixel, right?
The problem, however, is that a group of Chinese white hat hackers managed to hack the Pixel in 60 seconds!
haba
The hackers who won $120,000 in cash had full remote access to personal information such as messages, phone calls, contacts, and photo.

Although Google is reportedly patching the exploit, I still want to believe that Google’s security officer was referring to a different variant of the Pixel.
Meanwhile, I’m just here sipping my imaginary tea while I wait for an official statement from Google.
sipping-tea

18 comments on “That Moment the Google Pixel Gets Hacked in 60 Seconds, Despite Claims to The Contrary.

1. Pozaa says:

Lmao! Chinese hackers have no chill??

2. Stiiz says:

Gone in 60 Seconds….lol ? Im sure it would still be hackable after their security patch tho ?

3. Abdulsalam says:

Lol?…Hacked in 60… misstechy lemme join you in the imaginary tea sipping…. Google we’re waiting ooo, “shey una wan claim security abii”?

4. Cypher says:

Well then Google look at ya mouth secure phone in did …. But before I go there it’s a venrablity that they noticed and used it all phones have them it just depends on how long it takes to use it for your nefarious purposes….. But still sha all this hack your phone and stuff … I fill it’s celebrity’s abroad that have to fear that one cause we in Nigeria who get time to start the hack or pay someone to hack your phone … Me am just saying your haters hate no reach that level

… WELL, THERE’S REALLY NO SECURE PHONE ANYONE. 9NCE A PHONE CAN BE ROOTED/JAIL BROKEN /HACKED(IN THE CASE OF NOKIA AND THE LIKES), IT MEANS IT CAN BE HACKED. ANYWAY, LET THEM BRING ANY PHONE TO NIGERIANS AND CLAIM IRS SECURED, ONLY ELECTION PERIOD WILL TELL WHETHER IT IS OR NOT…

6. Tee says:

anything can be hacked. even the iPhone of one oyinbo shooter was hacked when apple refused to cooperate. the fact that google provided this platform means they want the pixel to be more secure. the fact that it was hacked in such little time gives kudos to the skill of the hackers. respect that IT geek you see around you, or else (s)he ma just teach you a lesson in his own way.

This na big gbege! Google better do well in correct this. Every phone might be hackable but shouldn’t be easy like this.
    Indomie Minutes Pixel!

8. pWilliams says:

OMG…I can’t believe it…my dream phone hacked in 60secs?

9. Rotimi Popoola says:

Why re bad things befalling all flagship models from top phone brands this year
    1 note 7 – fire
    2 iphone 7 – hissgate
    3 google’s pixel – security breach
    Whats now d essence of a flagship device

10. Oj_Ina says:

lol, google is really scared to the extent they to took down the video from YouTube….. just to hide their shame, lolzzz

11. Xtopher says:

BlackBerry Android devices hasn’t been hacked till date

12. Adekanmbi says:

And, hacked! I thought anything Google WAS the safest on the net.

13. Alli Abiola says:

This hacking challenge was a way of detecting flaws and error in the Pixel Devices, and Google just knew Security patches are needed.
    Thumbs up to the hackers. #itsallisay

14. Kelvin says:

How I wish I could contact those hackers.

15. VECTÖR says:

na wa oo….. Only God is our protection. well, it will make it more secure so that they will hack it in 30secs next time…lmao

16. Hhahahahahahah
    the tin tire me ooo, but my people visit my blog for all nigerian celebrity gists and fights