Microsoft should have seen this coming!
I mean, what results were they expecting when they restricted the Edge browser to Windows 10 only. Plus, the app itself lacks some essential features and extensions like the ability to sync passwords, favorites and bookmark tabs across several devices.

rolls-eye

Rolls eyes

Now, a new PC browser statistics from NetMarketShare revealed that the Internet Explorer, in combination with Edge, lost 40 million users in October.
1478260416_netmarketshare_story
As a matter of fact, IE and Edge have lost about 331 million users since January 1, 2016.
331-deserters-100691262-large-1

Whereas, Chrome still leads with a market share of 55%. Mozilla Firefox also rose from 9.19% market share to 11.14% in October.
netmarketshare
Safari’s results?tumblr_mcns6jn2qi1qia08o
Maybe these falling numbers will make Microsoft rethink their strategy with Edge.

15 comments on “Internet Explorer and Edge Lose 40 Million Users in October, And I Am Not Surprised.

1. Rotimi Popoola says:

Maybe…. but I still use Edge….

2. kaybang says:

Microsoft’s browsers are just like Yahoo ? Mail ? ?, nobody with a brain uses them. Not surprised one bit.
    Is the bloody Edge browser even any good? I heard it supports 3D???

3. Pozaa says:

Chrome all the way.. The Safari’s gif had me like???

4. Tee says:

hahaha….. Internet Explorer – my favourite browser for downloading better browsers

1. NAB says:

Lol….true talk

5. Khalid says:

Nice post
    Commenting fromHackersDen

6. george jinn says:

Am sure these low numbers is as a result of Edge being restricted to only windows 10(It can’t use it with older versions of windows).I think the Edge browser is quite solid and am not sure Apple did enough for Safari TBH

7. Adaobi says:

When IE is usually the first thing I try to delete from my laptop. The only reason it’s still there – some websites only work effectively on IE. Firefox is my baby (with all my add-ones), followed by Chrome. I only use Safari because of my iPad. I’ve honestly never used Edge.

… WELL, ITS SURPRISING TO SEE A BIG NAME BUSINESS LIKE MICROSOFT TAKE CHILDISH DECISIONS LIKE RESTRICTING THEIR NEW SOFTWARE/FEATURES TO A PARTICULAR VERSION OF THEIR OS. GOD DON CATCH THEM. THIS SHOULD TEACH THEM A LESSON..

9. JohnAlex says:

Google chrome All the way ! Not surprising at all

10. Victor Molokwu says:

Microsoft is loosing it, from edge’s windows only decision to Xbox’s over priced console, I’m waiting to see the impact of whatsapp video calls on Skype. It’s dog eat dog.

11. ZITA says:

Firefox all the way. Can’t remember the last time I used IE and Edge

12. I.K says:

They shouldn’t have lump in Edge with IE, of course it’ll look so bleak for Edge.
    Edge is a very capable browser, if it was for the lack of extensions it would have been perfect, and even then there’s a good reason that particular feature is missing, of the top four windows browsers it’s the least resource heavy.
    Personally if i’m doing anything that doesn’t require the use of some extension I’ll rather use Edge.

13. Alli Abiola says:

These falling numbers will make Microsoft rethink their strategy with Edge. Why restrict Edge to Window 10 users? They tried to pull crowd to Windows 10 through Edge and Vice versa but they got knocked out coz they forget their competitors and competitions got better strategies. Hope they won’t kiss the browser business goodbye (soon). #ciao #itsallisay

Its obvious the restriction decision caused the ‘exodus’ of users from IE and Edge.
    Now they need to take another decision, even if it means reverting the restriction.