Check Out MTN's 4G LTE Data Plans.

I have been using nTel’s unlimited plan that goes for N10,000 monthly for a while now and I must say it is quite fast with no speed throttling in sight. Now MTN has semi-launched their 4G LTE service which is a welcome development.
… But at what cost?
Answer: A pretty high cost!
Where nTel is going for N10,000 monthly, MTN is offering their 4G unlimited plan at N36,999!!
MTN_4G_data_plans
Other plans include:
100MB for N500
150MB  for N449
200MB for N1000
42GB for 12 months @ N66,499.
Update: You can dial *444# to access this:
MTN 4G data plans
Although expensive, you should bear in mind that MTN has more coverage than nTel which is only available in some selected states in the country.  Also, MTN’s 4G LTE service has not fully kicked off yet, as it is only available on Visafone lines that have migrated to MTN. So there is a high chance it might be modified.
Now, what’s your take?
P.S. Be gentle on MTN.

12 comments on “Check Out MTN's 4G LTE Data Plans.

… WELL, THIS IS AWFUL, WITH THAT MONTHLY OR 12 MONTHS SUBSCRIPTION, I CAN BUY A BRAND NEW PHONE. ITS JUST TOO EXPENSIVE…

2. Adeniji Micheal says:

Hahaha… 37k for unlimited monthly… They are mad.. They should better close up fast..

3. Anonymous says:

Even newbies InterC 4G LTE Serviice offer better rates – and speed, big bros MTN are bringing this ridiculous nonsense, forcing me to say “who 4G don epp?”

4. Udegbunam Chukwudi says:

Who 4G epp? Mscheeew

5. Victor Molokwu says:

When they get serious we will know…

6. Blazerwap says:

Mtn 4g LTE Subscription Data plans is cost and cheap so this data plans where compared with Ntel 4g LTE but Ntel killed it hands down and mtn killed it too hmmm are you confused? Let’s go on!
    Mtn 4g LTE has a good signal and good network coverage unlike Ntel that has not covered few states so all I want to say is that MTN 4g LTE is more expensive but has good network coverage and signal and Ntel is fast but don’t have signal over all states and has cheaper data plans.
    Commenting from: http://blazerwap.com

1. Titi says:

My goodness gracious, your comment though??!!
      Please how many minutes did it take for you to construct these sentences? Or state the obvious?

7. Tee says:

seems MTN wats us to ‘epp’ them pay part of their NCC fine that remains…

MTN is not yet serious to launch 4G. I know other network providers are waiting for MTN before the can act, awful.
    Let the competition begin and watch the prizes fall.

Come to think of it, why pay for 4G higher when we dont pay for 2G cheaper?
    It should just be ‘faster to exhaust data’ not costlier.

10. Laide says:

I actually think it is fair, but before you eat me raw, understand MTN’s existing data plans. MTN was offering similar plans on their MTN 4G LTE 24hrs for N36,000+. The only reason why this is absurd is the presence of NTEL’s N10,000, and trust me! They would soon change to like twenty something if not more! They are just using this to get customers, once they hit the desired number – BOOM!! The price would skyrocket. So, MissTechy be prepared.