Tech News Missed This Week.

This is how I feel, right now.
Sorry
My apologies for that long hiatus, which was due to a situation way beyond my control. But in case you missed me, I pray you did, here are some of the important news I missed.

GOOD NEWS NIGERIANS!!! XIAOMI IS BACK!

Finally, one of the best Chinese Smartphone makers, in my opinion, is back to its selling ways in Nigeria, after having a slight set back some months back.
ezgif.com-optimize (22)
Now, we await the Mi 5.

BEND IT LIKE SAMSUNG

Lenovo might just help Samsung complete what it started. The company showed off a prototype smartphone and tablet that have the ability to bend.
Video_3-compressor (1)

Does the GIF ring a bell?

ANDROID USERS MIGHT SOON EXPERIENCE APPLE’S IMESSAGE

iPhone users sure know how to flaunt the iMessage and Facetime apps, Apple’s stock apps.
4618761fd116690f954d51a3707095ee823a7db94e094dbd33fa11326d46845f_1
However, according to a report/rumor from MacDailyNews (via MacRumors), Apple is working on bringing iMessage to Android which might be announced at WWDC 2016. So yeah, Android users might soon be able to use iMessage on their devices. Good news?

NICK LEE WANTS TO END THE TECH WAR BETWEEN iPHONE FANS AND ANDROID WITH HIS CASE

For those Apple fans that have a secret thing for Android, but are too proud to admit it, Tom Lee demonstrates how you can convert your iOS to an Android OS  using a single board computer (SBC) that is small enough to fit in a smartphone case yet powerful enough for a decent Android experience.
1RblZLlAE4rfGFWGFUqXh5w
But the question is, how many iPhone users would willingly buy this case?

QUOTE MESSAGES ARE COMING TO WHATSAPP!

A little late to the party, but, better late than never. We will soon be able to use quotes on Whatsapp just like the way it is done on Online forums
whatsapp-quote
Also, there have been rumors (Although not reported this week) that GIFs will be coming too. If you ask me, GIFs over Quotes!
There you have it, the news I found interesting this week, I know I didn’t cover everything, but I am throwing it open, what news did you find interesting and which of these stories knocked you off? Let’s talk.

10 comments on “Tech News Missed This Week.

1. Stiiz says:

Good job, Tobi.
    Although, think you’ve been slacking now adays as per number of articles & trending stories you cover.
    Not to be too demanding, but I noticed that, for someone who claims to be a Tech Blogger, you didnt cover anything on the recent Google I/O 2016, Moto’s new Z & Z Force phones, or even phones like the iPhone 7 (new renders & update stories ), Huawei P9 or HTC 10, Umi Super, Samsun Galaxy S7 Active or Lenovo Phab2?
    I mean, not to sound rude, but we need more than Tecno & Infinix stories. The mobile phone sphere is way bigger than those small OEMs.
    Just my sincere suggestions/opinion. ?

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

Hi Stiiz, thank you so much for the constructive criticism. Will improve on all you have said.
      Meanwhile, I did cover the Google I/O 2016, I just didn’t name the article Google I/O 2016. See the two articles that were deployed during the event:
      See also the link to the iPhone 7 renders

1. Stiiz says:

I did see the Project Allo article & the iPhone 7. Basically, I just wanted you to dig a little deeper cause Google unveiled alot of goodies at I/O from Project Ara, to Tango, Jacquard, & Soli. There’s alot of content that can be born out of Google’s I/O, I mean up to 10 stories, and there’s Lenovo’s unveiling & Motorola’s new Moto devices.
        But still, I know how hard it is to research & blog & produce quality content at the same time; I write for First Weekly Magazine myself; I know how it is.
        Maybe you should consider outsourcing or accepting guest writers/articles?
        Could help increase your article count per day/week. ?

1. Titi says:

Oga stizz you probably did not click on the first link because if you did .. you’d see that she talked about everything that was announced in one post which has always been her style if you have been following. She even used a post to talk about project ara. Moral of the story you probably should follow more ?.. meanwhile misstechy don’t outsource biko. At least not now.

1. Stiiz says:

No she didn’t talk about “everything” that was announced at I/O 2016. If you follow Android Authority & Google’s Developers page, you would know that not everything was covered. I was only advising her to give us a bit more, and help inform the Nigerian audience about all things Tech.
            And I’m saying if she can allow guest articles to be submitted & used with reference/credit to the writer, that wouldn’t be a bad idea, cause it would overall increase the amount of articles on the page. No harm meant here. ?

2. Reynolds says:

Nice observation stizz . Although to be fair I think you are the one who missed these stories as misstechy did cover the most important stuff which is Google ish and the iPhone 7 even the HTC 10 .. the moto z and other device you mentioned haven’t been launched in Nigeria yet so it could be why she hasn’t talked about it . I have also noticed other top blogs in Nigeria and no words on the aforementioned phone either . Anyways misstechy there is definitely room for improvement but I think you are doing a phenomenal job for someone who works and blogs at the same time.

2. Bodexowen says:

Nice one MissTechy, haven’t you heard of Google Tango Exclusive on Lenovo Phab2 for now. Wanna know more about it. Thanks

3. Anonymous says:

Awww, with such adorable eyes, who wouldn’t forgive??
    Well the two stories that really got me are Xiaomi’s great comeback and Whatsapp Quote et GIF!! So thanks for that update…
    Now my own updates are as follows
    1. Imroved and Glowing E3 Gaming Heating up in L.A..
    2. XIAOMI Buys Over MicroSoft’s Smartphone Patents
    3. ASUS Unveils Household Budget Friendly Robot
    4. Lenovo Announces “Phab2Pro and Moto Z”
    5. More Virtual Reality For The Gamers as HP Talks PC Gaming Machines….
    That’s it guys, trust me, you would enjoy researching the above headlines…
    Miss Techy, This Is My Constructive Encouragement!!

4. Uke Enun Jnr says:

Awww, with such adorable eyes, who wouldn’t forgive??
    Now my own updates are as follows
    1. Imroved and Glowing E3 Gaming Heating up in L.A..
    2. XIAOMI Buys Over MicroSoft’s Smartphone Patents
    3. ASUS Unveils Household Budget Friendly Robot
    4. Lenovo Announces “Phab2Pro and Moto Z”
    5. More Virtual Reality For The Gamers as HP Talks PC Gaming Machines….
    That’s it guys, trust me, you would enjoy researching the above headlines…
    Miss Techy, This Is My Constructive Encouragement!!
    #MissTechyForever

5. Harrie says:

Umm there’s the XIAOMI comeback, aaaand the lenovo flex!! The SBC, quite decent plus a USB female, and three other ports all in one simple looking and schway rubber-mould case..
    #JustSaying