Apparently, Y'all Have Been Pluralizing Apple Devices The Wrong Way.

Another day, another grammar, this time, from Apple’s executive – Phil Schiller Apple’s global head of marketing.
Hand writing on chalkboard / blackboard
What do you say when someone has two Apple phones? If you have been saying 2 iPhones like everyone else on planet earth, Phil feels you have committed a grammatical blunder.
e0b058f59f61a0faff241e2cfdc81bce4c4a80e5ba46e0ebacec2e53a3656d76

New grammar alert: You are not supposed to pluralise the names of Apple products. So, instead of saying two iPhones, you should say two iPhone devices. Or instead of iPad Pros, it should be iPad pro devices.
He took to his twitter place to lecture everyone. See the tweets below:

I don’t know about you, but I don’t think I can get used to saying 2 iPhone devices when I can just say 2 iPhones. #AintNobodyGotTimeForThat.
Grammar Freaks, what do you think?

11 comments on “Apparently, Y'all Have Been Pluralizing Apple Devices The Wrong Way.

1. Noise Muter says:

Exactly, no body got time for that o. Which one is two iPhone devices..?

2. zita obeta says:

Two iPhone devices…when i can just say two iPhones and my audience will understand me. Anyway, we learn everyday

3. samm says:

its too long…
    I’m sticking to the old ‘wrong’ way…

Lol, its too long. “Two iPhone phones” made me laugh.

… WELL, I WILL WANT TO SAY HE’S RAISING A POINT OF ARGUMENT IN GRAMMAR CLASSES. BUT IMO, HE’S TRYING TO MAKE US BELIEVE THAT THEIR IS NO REASON PLURALIZING APPLE PRODUCTS WHILE CALLING THE NAME APPLE. FOR INSTANCE, JEANS IS NOT A MATTER OF SINGULAR AND PLURAL. FISH CAN ALSO HAVE ZERO ALOMORPH. ITS SIMPLE, BUT I DON’T HAVE TIME. THIS IS A WORLD OF CLIPPING WHERE SPAGHETTI BECOMES SPAG, WHERE NIGERIA BECOMES NAIJA. PEOPLE WANT TO DO EVERY THING TO CUT TIME AND HE’S TRYING TO SLOW THEM DOWN.
    IF I WERE TO BE IN ‘ FRANCE’ NOW, I WOULD HAVE SUED HIM TO A LANGUAGE COURT…

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

LMAO. thank God you are in “Naija”

6. Kaybang says:

Sucks Leicester didn’t win. 🙁 @ least martial scored. So some shud b happy.

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

LMAO!! Suddenly wish I was typing this using my phone so I can unleash my emojis on you. P.S: Knew you typed this for me to see 😉

7. Kaybang says:

Kikikikikiki 😀 😀
    Martial: working wonders on & off d pitch

8. Uke Enun Jnr says:

Egbon Phill, anyday that i come your shop and i say, gimmie “two iphones”, sell one for me eh! afterall no be una change #comfortable to #confi, #bread and tea to #sandwinch, #indomin to noodles, #chivita,5alive to juice-box,….mbok no vex me dia o!!…but sha in other related news, Man utd. fans should pray and fast for Anthony Martial and Da Gea! o