The Infinix Hot 3: Officially Launched And Unboxed!

Finally! The Infinix Hot 3 was launched today, the 4th of April 2016.

infinix hot 3 lauch

Taken with the Samsung S7

For those who can’t wait to see the specs, check it out below:
[table id=14 /]
Now to the part that made you click on this, I already have my unit of the Infinix Hot 3 and as always, I can’t wait to show you the next affordable device from Infinix. Did it wow me? You will find out soon enough.

THE INFINIX HOT 3 UNBOXING

ezgif-477840271

PACKAGING

You have the same old Infinix hot series packaging.
ezgif.com-gif-maker

ACCESSORIES?

Only one new thing, Infinix has returned back the earphones that were missing in their previous releases
Infinix Hot 3 (6)
Asides that, everything stays the same.
Infinix Hot 3 (5)

MEET THE NEWEST AND AFFORDABLE CHIC IN THE INFINIX HOT FAMILY.

Say hello to the new 5.5-inch device from Infinix.
(P.S: Allow the image below to load then use your fingers to turn and zoom the image )

FIRST IMPRESSION.

I wasn’t so impressed with the looks because it didn’t have that wow effect. However, I loved the fact that the back cover wasn’t plain
Infinix Hot 3 (13)
I also loved how light the device is.

THE UNUSUAL.

As opposed to the way you have your charger port & earphone jack below the phone, the Infinix Hot 3 has the charger and earphone jack on top of the phone with nothing significant below, save the mic.
Infinix Hot 3 (15)

WHAT IS INSIDE?

When you open the plastic cover, you will immediately see the 3000mAh battery space.
Infinix Hot 3 (7)
You also have your dual micro SIM card and SD card slots.
Infinix Hot 3 (8)

MUCH ADO ABOUT THE SELFIE CAMERA

I know a lot of people thought that the new device from Infinix will pack a lot of Selfie power as advertised, but going by the specs, I am afraid not. The Hot 3 has a 2MP front camera with soft flash placed in front of the device.
Infinix Hot 3
And an 8MP back-facing camera with flash in the same position as the Boom J8.
Infinix Hot 3 (10)

NOOO… NOT THE BACK!

Unlike the Boom J8, the Infinix speaker is placed at the back and we know what usually happens with this placement.
Infinix Hot 3 (1)

THE BUTTONS.

Just like the Boom J8, you have your power and volume buttons on the right-hand side of the device
Infinix Hot 3 (9)
You also have the capacitive buttons.
Infinix Hot 3 (11)

CONCLUSION.

Like I pointed earlier, not so much wowness, but this is definitely an upgrade from the Hot 2.
infinix hot 3
However, are the changes enough to make you consider it given the price tag of N26,500? You need to see the full review before making that decision, so stay glued.

18 comments on “The Infinix Hot 3: Officially Launched And Unboxed!

1. zita obeta says:

So no snapdragon variant as i read somewhere?

I like this phone, its an upgrade from hot2. The buttons (camera, volume, options, menu, cancel), earpiece and charging pot positions are perfect. Just like the phone am using now to type this (the old phantom A+).
    I like the 4GLTE, the 5.5′ screen size, the 3000mAh battery tried too, but the camera is not very much impressive but okay.
    It’s quite affordable and I see it blending into the market & pocket of Nigerians (might go for it too cuz I kinda like it).

3. Mary-Jane says:

not enough wow-factor… they should have at least upgraded the front camera from that on the hot 2.

4. Molokwu Victor says:

Dear misstechy what does 3G / 4G LTE Variants mean?
    Which Variant did you unbox?
    pls don’t forget the add the 4glte specs when you do the full review..
    I’m wishing it’s the B30/800mhz so I can use smile 4glte sim on it

5. Omane Moses says:

no wowness like that
    i expected an upgrade.

6. karoslicks says:

Maybe because we all had high hopes,patiently waiting for the review

7. Samm says:

This is disappointing..
    Is it already available for sale, I coulda sworn I saw a guy using it yesterday?

8. jinn says:

This phone may not have enough wowness but am sure that 8MP shutter on its back would beat c8’s.I noticed the dedicated mic for noise cancellation when taking images. In summary, this phone would sell.LOL.

1. Kelv says:

//This phone may not have enough wowness but am sure that 8MP shutter on its back would beat c8’s//
      LOL. Keep dreaming. Right now , the only Infinix phone that can beat the Camon C8 is the Zero 3. No other infinix phone comes close. Zero 2’s camera is quite good but Camon c8’s better
      I’m talking from experience. I’ve used all of infinix and Tecno Phones.

… WELL, ITS A GOOD UPGRADE OVER THE HOT 2 EVEN IF THERE’S NO SUCH WOW FACTORS. BUT PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW THAT A MIDRANGE AND A FLAGSHIP DEVICE SHOULD BE SEPARATED IN THE SPECS DEPARTMENT. MY SAY? I WILL PREFER BOOM J8 SPECS WISE, BUT FOR SOFTWARE FLUENCY AND UPGRADES, I WILL ALWAYS CHOOSE AN INFINIX!…

1. Titi says:

Who says there is no such thing as a wow factor .. check out the s7 edge and see if you wont say wow at first glance. I get that is is very affordable but everyine knows that when it comes to looks .. infinix hasnt cost yet

1. Titi says:

Scored*

10. Covenant Oyetade says:

Unimpressive. The main selling point for the 3G variant would be the price, while the other variant would be the 4G LTE capability.

11. Jesse onyibia says:

Wah abt d contest

12. Mary-Jane says:

yeah that’s true. @misstechy, what about the hot 3 contest winner.

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

Please kindly bear with me, Infinix is in charge of selecting the winner.

13. didi says:

isnt as cool as anticipated

14. Odira says:

The phone is a great phone. I wonder the price of the LTE version.