Every day, millions of Nigerians tweet, post and like stuff on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Some people capture very creative videos that generate lots of views and some share fun content with their followers and always create significant engagement. People do these things for fun. But, now you can do these same activities and get paid on Skits.
Social media is predominantly made up of user-generated content and future growth in this space is expected to be driven largely by video consumption on mobile devices. Skits is an app that allows you to create and/or promotes fun videos for brands while earning money real time. It is also the first social commerce app in Nigeria.
Skits is currently available for Android devices – click here to download the app from the Google Play Store. An iOS app is currently in development, so iPhone users will have to wait for the app before they can earn from creating videos, but can visit https://m.skits.com to sign up for an account and start earning from promoting videos.
Here is how Skits works.
- Brands create campaigns using the Skits dashboard.
- Users download the Skits mobile app and follow brands to discover new campaigns. Users may also discover campaigns through the brands’ marketing.
- Users create fun videos using the app and submit to the campaigns.
- The brands (say, OMO, for example) select and feature videos that appeal to them the most. Brands can feature numerous videos.
- Once a brand features a video, users on Skits can promote the video to start earning coins while the creator of the video earns 10 coins each time the video is promoted.
- Coin balances below 5,000 can be redeemed as mobile airtime while balances of 5,000 and above can be redeemed for cash. Each coin is equivalent to N1.
Skits was created by Ugo Iromantu and his team in Nigeria. According to Ugo, “opportunities to earn on social media are inefficient, disorganised and limited to celebrities and influencers with 100k+ followers. But we believed that fun and creative content could come from even the most obscure users, and we just had to figure out a way to distribute that content to massive audiences, while making the entire experience seamless, fun and rewarding for everyone”.
The Skits team expect that the proposition of earning will be highly appealing to people who engage actively on social media, but also believe that Skits could provide casual entertainment to people across various demographics.
You can also follow Skits on Twitter @skitsapp, Ugo Iromantu @uiromantu, and Jide Aminu @aurdee.
Update: The content was changed to include more information.