Airtel Now Has A 3GB Data Plan For N1,000

It feels that GLO and Airtel are in a race to be Nigerian’s cheapest Telco when it comes to Data.

Airtel's 3GB for N1,000

Airtel’s 3GB for N1,000

The company – Airtel – recently launched a new data plan that will give you 3GB worth of data for only N1,000. The data will last for a month and is open to all and sundry.
airtel plan
Airtel users who want to subscribe should dial  *431#. To check your balance, dial *140#.
Right now, which Telco has the cheapest data plan?
UPDATE: I just confirmed from an Airtel customer representative and it appears the plan isn’t made for smartphones, the existing N1,500 for 3GB was recommended. 🙁

26 comments on “Airtel Now Has A 3GB Data Plan For N1,000

1. Stiiz says:

Hands down: Airtel wins the Data race with this one! 3Gigs for 1k? Nuff said..I’m subscribing rai nau!
    P.S. Hope the data speed isn’t throttled sha? ???

2. Ehis says:

is the burn rate normal… cos with known Airtel burn rate that amounts to jes 1.5gb or less

3. Bodexowen says:

Airtel is at it again ooo… Just got a glo sim na

Airtel is the cheapest but I’ve heard many of their customers complaining of fast/quick data reduction.

5. felix says:

Interesting… I think this is the cheapest so i give it to airtel

6. prime says:

Airtel data dey finish fast o. That 3gig is more of 1.5gig Na Glo ati mtn simple server to n sure pass.

… Well, I commented here yesterday that Airtel is better than the other green guys, and with this 1k for 3gb and no rooting or imei changing, its just better here on the Airtel train…

8. Udegbunam Chukwudi says:

I subscribed and it’s not working! Make una dey test before announcing oh. Economy rough oh

1. Chukwudi says:

I just subscribed and it is working.

1. santiago says:

Ist working on blackberry or android?

9. Covenant Oyetade says:

Glo started it first. You can also get 3GB of data for 1K on all smartphones.
    If you want the code to subscribe, ask.

1. What’s d glo code covenant Oyetade?

10. Ehis says:

why must the 2 worst networks b the ones with d cheapest plans… why???

1. kaybang says:

this site need a like button for comments like dis. LOLLLL!!!! 😀

2. Josh King says:

I wonder. It’s truly disturbing. Glo has cheaper data + seriously bad data network.
      Airtel has joined the wagon but it’s as good as a hoax. It’s like giving a baby N5 & taking N500.
      Why won’t MTN & ETISALAT join this cause I’m tired of using Glo and their slow data network.

11. Ayodele says:

Abeg, I’ll jump and pass over this one. Cheap data from Airtel? Well, I don’t doubt it, but what I’m sure of is the useless and horrible nature of their data service. Once upon a time, I was gifted by Airtel with 3GB of data. Trust me, I replaced my sim less than a week after trying out the nonsense. After just a week, I was only able to use less than 300MB. I’m always online and staring at my phone for a download to complete is not my thing. Airtel and Glo fall into the category of networks that put me through such pain.

12. I wonder where you guys got this Info,i called 111 and it was confirmed not to be a normal data plan,but a BB complete ,and by extension the burn rate on other devices will be like speed of Light.
    i was told *435# is the code for normal 3GB of N1500

13. micheal adeniji says:

Airtel sucking mb since 700bc

14. Anonymous says:

I just subscribed and d stupid plan only works on blackberry devices

15. Anonymous says:

wasted N1000 for a stupid plan dat doesn’t work on android devices

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

Hi, I updated the article to include that, kindly drop your number.so I can givee you back the money lost 🙁

16. Anonymous says:

okay 09024263269

17. castrosuze says:

airtel 3GB is equivalent to 1.5GB, airtel na great cheat wen it comes to data bt dr cal on club 10 is cool

18. Emmanuel Gerald says:

Comment Text*The airtel 50 naira nyt plan for 1.5gg rocks sooo harrrd……
    IN/BTW.. Miss techy.. Wen will I ever get to win a give away competition here? ??… My current experience wd my infinix hot 2 is a nightmare…