Disappointed? Samsung Galaxy S7 And S7 Edge Might Look A Lot Like The S6

Samsung fans expecting to be wowed by the Galaxy S7 come February 21 might be disappointed. Evan Blass posted the first real renders of the Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 edge which look like official press release images.
As seen from the image, there is an uncanny resemblance between the S7 and the S6! Although the Galaxy S7 edge has a different screen size – 5.5inch to be precise.
s7angle-930x621
They (S7 & S7 edge) will both come with Super AMOLED screen at 1440 x 2560 quad HD and the first of its kind “always-on display (AOD) functionality” that will enable glanceable screen which is said to consume about one percent of the battery per hour.

Other different features include water-resistance, microSD card support, larger and longer-lasting batteries.
As said earlier, It might come with either a Snapdragon 820 or an Exynos 8890 processor and will have 4GB of RAM and a 12 MP rear camera coupled with a f/1.7 lens aperture (compared to f/1.9 on S6).
Disappointed?

Source: Evan Blass via VentureBeat

8 comments on “Disappointed? Samsung Galaxy S7 And S7 Edge Might Look A Lot Like The S6

1. Anonymous says:

I have no problem with the design its the features and what it can do that interests me. Heard it will have memory card slot, ip67 certified and bumped up battery…those are good news. Also i wanna know their plans about software optimization. Samsung design is cool by me. The s6 and s6 edge is the best design ever. So i dont see any problem in the design dpt.

2. Titi says:

You definitelt got that right, even if the s6 design was not bad at all. I am.not wowed . I expected them to bring up something totally diffrent. I dont want any issue of me trying to explain to my friends thar i have a s7 bcos they couldnt tell the difference

3. JDY says:

They probably are now short of ideas.Am not surprised any way

… Well, wait till Samsung unveils the S7 series and you will all be wowed. Sammy is good in changing or tweaking designs @ minimal levels, except the S6 series. Samsung ti take over bcos iPhone ti jáwó jù…

5. Anonymous says:

Iheanacho >>>> Martial

1. Tobi Ayeni says:

Lol what has that got to do with the s7. please dnt let me fight with you. I can fight cos of martial ??

1. kaybang says:

hahahahaha!! I knew dat comment wud get ur attention. Lol.
        OT; my comments r anonymous 4 some reason O_o

6. felix says:

Well, great specs as always. Only wish the s7 had a more higher edge over the s6.