See How Many Seconds You Spend Untangling Your Earphones

You know how annoying it is when our earphones get tangled?
funny-tangled-headphones-watching-closely-how-possible-pics
It turns out that an individual spends 3.5 days of his entire life untangling an earphone. This is according to Edward Aten.
Based on a study he carried out, he untangles his earphones 4 times a day. 3 of those untangling moments are done quickly while the last takes longer. The quick ones take about 4 seconds and the complex ones take about 20 seconds. This means that on a daily estimate, he spends about 32 seconds untangling earphones.

meanwhile-in-my-pocket
Grab your calculator, there is more! Based on the fact that he has worn his earphones for 9,360 days and multiplied with his daily estimates, he has spent 299,520 seconds of his life untangling his earphone and that is nearly 3 and a half days (3.4666) of his entire life and yours too (If you use his algorithm)..
Even though this figure might be slightly exaggerated, it shows us how much of a world problem tangled earphones are.

10 comments on “See How Many Seconds You Spend Untangling Your Earphones

1. Michael Effiong says:

Interesting!

1. Anonymous says:

It is! Take a look at my new product, loopit which solves this problem 🙂 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/872377761/loopit

2. KyLe West says:

Like…that’s one of the biggest mysteries of all time. How does that happen(d entangling) in our pockets….?? MissTechy…I heard u were under d weather…sorry…get well soon…I kinda noticed ur enthusiasm was not as high as ur enthusiasm towards the phantom 5. If u don’t mind…launch a rocket so u can get above the weather okay?…U r healed IJN! Amen^_^

3. OBÁDÁRÀ says:

…This us just NY article. Am an hearphone addict is so much that people around me can maltreat my phone but dare not do such to my earphone. However, his figures can’t work for me cos my earphones are always on most of the time @ least 8 out of every 10 hours. Even if they are not in my ears,they are around my neck lined like a tie…

4. OBÁDÁRÀ says:

…This us just my article. Am an hearphone addict in so much that people around me can maltreat my phone but dare not do such to my earphone. However, his figures can’t work for me cos my earphones are always on most of the time @ least 8 out of every 10 hours. Even if they are not in my ears,they are around my neck lined like a tie…

5. Joshua says:

really interesting

6. FELIX says:

Somehow i disagree with him because I cant imagine myself spending that amount of time for an eatphone. I’ll rather cut/destroy it, and then buy a new one

7. Like…that’s one of the biggest mysteries of all time. How does that happen(d entangling) in our pockets….?? MissTechy…I heard u were under d weather…sorry…get well soon…I kinda noticed ur enthusiasm was not as high as ur enthusiasm towards the phantom 5. If u don’t mind…launch a rocket so u can get above the weather okay?…U r healed IJN! Amen……

Sometimes I wonder how the earphones tangle too. Interesting

9. Vanessa Chan says:

This is exactly what I was inspired to develop loopit which solves this problem. Check this out at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/872377761/loopit