I know I am late to the party, but for those who didn’t know, Google has started sending OTA updates for Android Marshmallow on the Infinix Hot 2, All you have to do is go to System update and check for updates. (Ensure you did not tick update via Wifi if you are not using Wifi to update)
For those that haven’t gotten the OTA update, there is a fix.
- You will need to download the OS 6.1 Here, it is 624.9mb in size.
- Rename it to update.zip and place it in your root folder
- Power off your phone then hold the power button and volume up button at the same time (You need to hold this for a while till the Infinix logo appears).
- After that, press the volume up button, you will immediately see a dead Android robot, press volume down to get into recovery mode
- You are almost done, just scroll down using volume button to apply update from the SD card, select the zip file using your volume button and click on it using the power button
- That is all, reboot and enjoy
Apologies for being late to the party.